Wither Heart (2)

After that encounter with the zombies and skeletons last time, Stella decided we should take to the river with boats. A boat can only fit two, and with me as a third member, we made an extra boat.

Rain said nothing during the trip, and me and Stella both are worried about him. Not only because of his declining strength and eye, but his skin seemed to darken. I confessed about my worries to Stella once, and she said it's the wither.

And at this point, we arrived a small island thing that is so small it can't be classified as an island and climbed on. Just then Rain collapsed.

"Rain!" I shook his shoulders. His head tipped slightly up and I nearly screamed. Both of his eyes are now zombielike. I stumbled backward away.

"The wither's almost taking complete hold!" Stella said, frantic, "He'll die soon if he doesn't receive the cure."

"Hurry then!" I said, "Get to Coven yourself! It's just over there, I'll just slow you down. I'll stay."

"Are you sure?" Stella asked.

I nodded, "I'm sure. Now hurry!" The poor girl's having a crush on Rain, you can just tell by how she looks at him and her reaction towards him getting worse day by day during our journey. Poor girl, Rain'll never get over Abigail, much less find a new one.

Stella ran over to a boat and began rowing as hard as she could. I sighed as I watched over Rain. He's in pain and dying, that much is certain. There's nothing I can do but panic, and that wouldn't help one bit. So I settled for shooting at the trees and several skeletons or zombies smart enough to hide in the shade but dumb enough to be within my eyesight.

Then I heard a scream.

And it came from the Coven.

I don't want to get wet, I guess I'm rubbing off the endermen (Or is it the other way round?), so I teleported. Only to find a skeletal mummyish guy with fire in his hands battling Stella. Guess who has the upper-hand.

I pulled out an obsidian knife and teleported onto his back, distracting him from Stella. I stabbed him over and over until he eventually threw me off. Too dazed to teleport, I landed in the water.

I was sinking, my armor too heavy. I almost ran out of breath until I remembered I can teleport. I was soaking wet when I teleported back onto shore. I hate water. Shaking my head like a wet dog, I teleported back to the coven to strangle the mummy guy (as I decided to call him).

"Stella look out!" I yelled as he charged towards Stella. As a last resort, Stella summoned a Nether Portal in front of her, and the mummy guy fell through. I ran to help Stella up.

"You okay?" I asked, she managed a smile.

"I'll make do, thanks by the way," she said, "Now hurry, help me find the tome of cures, it should be what I need to heal Rain."

"How can I tell?" I questioned Stella, who was running off already.

"Flip through a couple pages!" she yelled back. I ran off in the opposite direction.

"Iris! I found it!" Stella practically screamed at me. I ran back at her.

"Teleport with me," I said, "Saves time." I grabbed her arm without waiting for her reply and we reappeared on the island.

"Never do that again," Stella said. What does she mean? Teleporting is great.

"Can you...?" I motioned towards Rain. Stella, despite wearing bloodied clothing from the fight, immediately began casting the spell. Little white blasts shot from her hand and hit Rain, and Rain began floating, white light surrounding him. Or maybe he's the source of the light.

I stared at Stella work. I have always liked fantasy and magic since I was little. I practically read every book of that genre or if it concerns those elements in the village library. I began to notice the little details, like how long the white blasts take to form, the way the blasts move, etc. See, magic is always changing with never-ending details. I watched the blasts with such intensity that my eyes took a while to adjust to the lack of light. I tore my gaze at Rain and saw that he's healed, exactly the way he is before he stormed the Nether, probably minus most of his heartsick.

Stella made a move on Rain quicker than I thought, she ran him over with a hug. I could barely contain my laughter at the helpless look that Rain sent me. I mouthed, "The girl has a crush on you." at him. Rain rolled his eyes, that poor oblivious boy.

"Okay, okay," Rain wheezed, "It's not going to do much good if I suffocate."

"Oh Notch I'm sorry," Stella blushed, "I'm just glad you're okay!" When Stella's back was turned and Rain's facing me, I mouthed, "I told you so." Rain sent me an exasperated look that said, "She just hugged me, what's the big deal?" Oh, it's a very big deal. She freaking blushed!

Laughing my head off, I said, "Alright alright, let's get back to the Frostbourne." I stepped on a boat.

"No I'm not getting myself wet again no thank you," I said, Stella magicked the other boat back.

"With the constant complaints coming from you about getting wet," Rain said, "You could be mistaken as an enderman."

"No, I can't be an enderman, I'm female. I would be an enderwoman. Respect the gender, Rain," I said, playful. Rain laughed.

It was lighthearted, the whole trip back to the Frostbourne. The feeling of loneliness lifted, but only for a little bit. The looks the Frostbourne guards sent me told me of what pretty much the entire faction thinks of me.

I knew what I had to do.

But not yet, not right now. I'd like to bond with Stella since she's the only other person besides Rain and Azura I had any social with(Ser Patrick doesn't count, he's scary). Spend some more time with the others too.

I would like to interact with them some more before I leave.