Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm

Start from the beginning

The creature wrapped itself around Cole's hand biting itself free.
The earth ninja yelped out in pain tossing it away "It bit me!" He exclaimed watching them hop away.

Those holding the sail's rope watched as the starteeth ate away until the rope snapped. With nothing keeping the sail in line the boat started to sway uncontrollably.

More waves splashed against the sides allowing more starteeth to jump aboard. The laughter emitted from the odd species can be heard as they eat away the floor.

"Get these things off the ship!" Kai ordered and they all split up to take care of the pests. The ship rocked once more and two starteeth jumped aboard landing on the fire ninja.

"Ugh!" He groaned throwing the first one that tried eating his hair off.
"Ah! I'm starstruck!" He yelped as the second one bit at his leg.
Kai grabbed the starfish tossing it overboard "Good riddance water vampires!"

(Y/n) helped resolve the pressing problem by tossing as many starteeth overboard as she could. While her face was covered one could look in her eyes and watch them scrunch and wince from the echoes of laughter.

But she hears no joy from the sea creature's chuckles. Sometimes laughter can be mistaken crying.

Despite this, she kept going trying to drown out the howls as she disposed of the creatures.

"Faster! Or we'll sink!" Lloyd shouted as he threw two more off the side.

Jay was trying to pull the starteeth off of the pole where the sail stood "Get off of there!" He shouted but yelped "Oh my! Ah!"

He turned around and there were four starteeth eating at his back.
"Get them off! Get them off!" He cried out jumping around sporadically.

"Use your spinjitzu!" Kai told the lightning ninja.

"Ninja! Go!" He shouted and used his spinjitzu.
He managed to get the starteeth off of him but they flew into the sail. "Okay, bad idea" he stated as the starteeth ate away at the material.

"Ninja! Go!" The others yelled and each used their spinjitzu to grab all the starteeth and throw them overboard.

"Sink your teeth into this!" Kai told off the discarded starteeth.

"They eat through metal too?!" Jay's eyes widened as he watched some starteeth gnaw through some chains.

"Uh guys, I think we have a bigger problem!" Lloyd pointed out and gestured to the side of the ship where a whole constellation of the stars ate at the ship.

(Y/n) let out a deep sigh of contempt as she looked out to the growing hole in the ship. "Well, that's unfortunate..."

"Oh, I should have brought an extra pair of underwear..." The lightning ninja looked down groaning in dismay.

~~~

Your Pov:
Taking a deep sigh you watched as the Bounty steered out of the storm. The others gathered down below to inspect the damages while you took a moment to breathe. With each inhale and exhale you watched the clouds depart leaving a calm in the sea as if nothing happened before.

Earlier you felt your blood run cold hearing the starteeth laughing. You didn't hear any joy in the way they mimicked noise. It was like crying as if the chuckles muddled together into something else.

You don't know what to make of this, nor this throbbing feeling in your chest like you've heard it before. You've never been fond of certain loud noises you figured that may be why and left it there.