Dancing With Our Hands Tied - Taylor Swift (2017)

How did I end up going 20 over the speed limit in the backseat of Charles' car, you ask?

I don't really have the answer.

"Slow down!" Samuel shouted.

Oh yeah, Samuel was there too.

Oh, and Aaron Burr.

"Jesus, take the wheel," Aaron muttered.

"Well, we can't be late!" Charles mused.

"Oh, Christ." Samuel buried his face in his hands.

"How come you still haven't told us where you're taking us?" Aaron asked.

"It's a surprise, dammit!"

I knew.

Charles had told me the plan a day ago in the library.

It was simple.

And also kind of sweet.

He didn't want to "royally fuck up" another relationship (he also apologized, I can't and won't ever forgive him) and Isabella, his girlfriend, invited him to this fancy dance thing, but he didn't want to take dance lessons by himself... and, yeah, that's why I was there. But, I said there was no way in hell that it was going to be just me and him so he told me to ask two other people. And that's how Aaron and Samuel got pulled into it.

Aaron turned to look at me. "You've been quiet. Did he tell you where we're going?"

"No..."

"Of fucking course he did." Samuel now turned from the passenger seat.

Aaron snorted.

"You fucking assholes." Samuel faced the front again.

We were getting close.

I watched as the slow realization hit Samuel and Aaron's faces.

"Dancing?" Aaron raised his eyebrows.

"You've got to be kidding me." Samuel looked in disbelief at Charles.

"Nope. Get your asses out, we're late." He turned the car off.

We all piled out. Inside, there was a small room with a few doors, a hallway, and a lady sitting behind a desk.

"We're here for the ballroom dancing with George." Charles took the lead.

"Yes, he said he was missing a few. Through the hallway, 2nd door on the right." She smiled.

"Thank you."

When we walked into the dance room I almost doubled over in laughter. Our instructor, George, was Mr. Washington. My professor. Oh my god.

And he wasn't the only familiar face. Maria happened to be sitting in the corner of the room picking at the floor and talking loudly on the phone.

"Just get over here! You're gonna be late!" We made eye contact. "Uh... yeah, gotta go. See you soon."

While the rest of the group introduced themselves to Mr. Washington, I went over to Maria.

"What're you doing here?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same thing--"

"No, you couldn't. I've been taking this class all year. I'm literally the TA."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"I came with them." I gestured behind me. "Isabella is taking Charles to a dance so we're all learning."