Chapter 14

Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound of the heart monitor filled my ears, I could hear a few voice as well. I couldn't recognize them though, it couldn't have been anyone I knew. I felt alone. I didn't want to be alone, it wasn't a good feeling anymore. I used to like being alone... Now I hate it. I can't stand the feeling of being alone anymore. I don't want to be alone. I could hear the heart monitor slowing down, slower then a normal heart rate was. Was I dying? No. I can't just die. Not now.

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't, it felt like they were taped shut. I was panicking a bit, I didn't know what to do. What now? Just let myself die? I heard shouting now, "Doctor! DOCTOR!!" I'm assuming the nurse was yelling for him. Scrambling noises were in the room now, but not around me. Who's heart monitor was it then? Shit. No. No. No. Connor. I remember it all, he was with me when it happened. I tried to move but my body wouldn't let me, nothing would work. He can't die.

A bunch of shouting was coming from the other side of the room, I'm assuming Connor was over there. I can just imagine.. His poor lifeless body.. His cold hands placed in mine. A shock of guilt takes over. I feel awful, like I wanna puke. I try harder to force myself to wake up, he needs me right now. I need him. I try the best the I can and soon enough my eyes burst open. My vision is blurry, I can only make out the outlines of certain things. The rest is blur. I feel paralyzed, I can't move. At all. I opened my mouth but all that managed to come out was a small whimper, my vision started to fade. Like it was being swallowed into eternal darkness. Then, I was alone again. Sunk back into the darkness, and there was nothing I could do about it. Absolutely nothing.

More scrambling around until the heart monitor finally went back to regular, pure relief shot through my body. Its like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I knew that it might not be this way forever though. There's still a chance that he could possibly die, I didn't want to take that chance. The thought of it made me sick to my stomach.

The room was silent, and let me tell you.. Clearing my mind was a lot harder then I thought it would be. My mind kept telling me that he was gonna die. I didn't want to except it but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to believe it. My breathing became weaker, was I dying? Should I believe that I am?

----------------------------------------------------

Hey!!!

2 updates in one day! How awesome am I?

XD

Anyways.. Have a good day :)

Love you all!

Byeee

-Hailee