Part One

I wanted to upload while I have the wi-fi, so really hope you enjoy it! ❤️

Delilah

I bought a dog, and I'm pretty sure that Edward is going to kill me. Scratch that, I KNOW he's going to kill me. There's only a matter of time before he arrives home, blissfully unaware of what's awaiting him. A sixteen pound Border Collie to be exact, named Groot, after Beau's love for anything Marvel.

I try to get the fluff ball to cooperate, wrestling with her as she tugs at the small rope toy in the hallway. I heard Edward's car pull into the driveway two minutes ago, knowing I have exactly two minutes left to get the dog out of sight.

I want to butter him up first. Cook him his favourite meal, put the kids to bed, snuggle on the sofa with a glass of wine, before going to bed to give him the best sex of his life, casually mentioning that there's a dog living in our laundry room as he drifts off to sleep.

It's foolproof.

Food, cuddles, and sex.

His three favourite things, aside from our children.

If the dog would just go into it's cage for one second...

"I'm home."

Shit a brick.

Grabbing Groot under her belly, I dash across the kitchen floor, and towards the laundry room, praying that Edward wore his suede boots to work. It takes him forever to get them off. The perfect distraction. No such luck when his heavy footsteps carry in here.

"Dad!"

I close my eyes at the relief of my son's voice, his tiny feet thundering down the stairs, my voice whispering, "Beau, you have the best timing."

"We got a dog!"

Oh, for the love of...

Silence.

Edward's tone is sharp. "We got a what now?"

Beau lets out a long laugh. "A dog. We got her this morning. I got to name her and everything. Want to see?"

"Erm, sure," comes Edward's high-pitched reply.

Beau sprints in here, shouting Groot, causing me to cuddle the dog harder to my chest. "Here she is. Look, dad, look!"

Edward's wide eyes are on me. "I'm looking."

I slap on a smile. "Surprise."

His eyes trail from me to the dog, to me again. "Surprise?"

My fingers release around the dog as Beau rushes my way, bumping into my legs as he gets onto the floor to wrestle with Groot. "Look at him, daddy. Isn't he funny?"

The pure joy in Beau's voice says it all. If he's happy, then so am I. Edward can get used to it. This house isn't ruled by him. It's the both of us. I've wanted a dog for so long, never managing to find the time for one. It's the perfect time now. I'm still on maternity leave with Annabelle, not that I work a lot of hours anyway.

I'm more of a silent partner at AdvertsGo, happy to let them run any ideas by me in my own time. My children are my everything. I don't want to miss a moment more than I have to do, knowing that you only have to blink and they're seven years old with their own little identity.

Beau is my mini-protector. Obviously, learning from his dad who still likes to throw his opinions around, even when they're not wanted. It's all rather cute as Beau tells me to put my feet up, or follows after his baby sister as she power crawls across the floors at lightening speed.