one

i know
what you're thinking

the frail girl of 16 sat in the waiting room, her name was y/n

the frail girl of 16 sat in the waiting room, her name was y/n. despite her appearance, she's less weak than most. she can handle anything.

the lanky boy of 17 walked in, looking for his friend theo decker who relapsed again. he's weak. weaker than he looks. his name is boris. boris pavolosky.

boris sits across from the girl, they were both holding there heads down

"what are you here for" the soft spoken girl said

"picking up a friend, he relapsed.." boris holds his hands in his pockets.
y/n noticed the slight russian accent. she liked it.

"on?" the girl pushed

"one to many cuts" he starts to get up and leave

"wait. i'm sorry" y/n says, boris starts to sit down
"i'm here a lot i guess i'm just used to it" she smiles weakly.

"how about you?" boris asked her.
she seemed surprised he would ask the same question back, baffled really
"i um, my father. one to many pills" y/n says, her eyes bolting around the quiet room.

boris nodded. he understood. he used to do drugs a lot.

boris noticed something off about the girl. like either she was lying or, she was on something.
"what's your name?" he asked her
"y/n. what about you?"
"boris." he said shifting his tone
she looked at him unexpectedly

"i know what you're thinking, boris." she says kinda angry.

boris gets uncomfortable. he did think she wasn't all there, mentally at least. she stared him down.

"i'm not on drugs" she said, pacing her talking to more of sobs.

"no no, i'm sorry.. i'm sorry," boris says, he moves to sit with her and comforts her.

she looks up at him
"i'm kidding" she laughs
"emmy winning performance, eh?" y/n asks him. he facepalms still with one arm around her. he looks up to look at her

boris noticed her features, pale/dark skin, beautful bright eyes, small/big boobs- i mean, eyebags, and her unintentionally messing pony tail.

he looks into her e/c eyes.

"um, i'm gonna go now. they called my name" the girl lies, she stands up and walks towards the discharge station, talks to a nurse who she seems to know.

she must be here a lot. boris thought,

well this wasn't exactly the first time boris was here. he did drugs a lot back in the day, showed up a few times.

: i hope i pulled it off. y/n thought to herself. she talked to dina, the lady at the desk for a while, she had her elbows on the table, and she was slightly bent over.

but back to boris
he waited in the room, thinking about that interaction. boris thought y/n was extremely pretty. extremely. but she looked super tired. eyebags, skin was rough, she looked beat up mentally. her weak little smiles made mike think about her situation. he couldn't help but think who had it worse. him or her? obviously her. who would be happy with a drug addict dad. she has obviously been here before, multiple times.

boris remembered her outfit. a tight white tank top, a peach hawaiian blouse (unbuttoned, shortsleeved) and a pair of blue white and peach patterned sleep shorts. her frizzy low pony tail, it made boris's heart flutter thinking about her.

all of a sudden, a shortish boy is pulled out by the arm by a doctor. this was theo. boris's eyes went directly to his arms, examining them closely before running towards him and hugging him. boris let theo's sobs escape him.
y/n saw boris's face as he hugged a boy she assumed to be his friend. y/n tucks a loose hair behind her ear.
"fancy someone over there?" dina asked. y/ns head snapped over to her.

"who would want a druggy like me dina?" the girl says to her.
"you're pretty. you're such a pretty girl. you let yourself go y/n" dina says to y/n
y/n nods her head and walks away.

"y/n darling" dina calls after her
"you're getting discharged tomorrow" she smiles
y/n smiles back, giving her a signature weak smile.
she wondered if she'd see the boy again.
probably not.