"After we lost Malachai, then Penny" Verne began, looking to Lola with a mixture of fear and suspicion. Lola, on the other hand, sat there emotionless. "No one knew who to look to, who to follow. So, most of the Ghoulies went to the Gargoyles, started playing G&G" he finished once realising Lola wasn't going to pounce on him.

Lola couldn't help but feel bad for Verne; he was the last Ghoulie left. She couldn't even begin to imagine what she would do if the Serpents all left to play some sick game; they were her family.

"Now that Tall Boy's dead, do you know who their leader is?" Jughead asked, clearly not feeling the same sympathy as Lola. The blonde-haired girl half expected Verne to scoff at them and walk out, unwilling to help a couple of Serpents, but she couldn't have been more wrong in what she anticipated.

"The closest thing to a leader is some whack job named Kurtz who's keeping the game going" Verne stated nonchalantly. Lola frowned at the name "Kurtz" but decided not to question it. She did, however, immediately decide that, whoever this guy was, she didn't like him; he was continuing that psychotic game.

"Do you know where he is?" Lola asked, speaking up for the first time. Verne's eyes flicked up to meet hers with a strange expression. Lola wasn't sure if he was afraid of her because of who her mother was or if he was almost afraid of them finding Kurtz.

"Can you tell is where to go?" Jughead questioned, noticing the strange look in the Ghoulie's eyes. Verne was hesitant though Lola didn't know why; he had no problem telling them everything else. He looked between the two friends, seemingly having an internal debate with himself about their trustworthiness.

Eventually, Verne sighed and gave in. He began to give Jughead directions to wherever Kurtz hung out but Lola zoned out of the conversation, not really knowing where he was describing.

Moments later, Jughead was sliding out of the booth while thanking Verne. Lola quickly snapped back to reality and followed after him, sending a grateful smile over her shoulder to the Ghoulie.

Lola stopped in front her car which she had gotten in San Junipero as Jughead began to open the door yo the driver's seat. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow at her friend. "Don't tell me you're doing what I think you're doing" she stated with a firm gaze.

Jughead smiled back at his best friend with an amused look in his eyes. "Okay, I won't tell you. You'll just have to sit there confused" he stated with a shrug. Lola groaned at his response, knowing that they were going to end up in some shady building with whoever Kurtz was.

As much as she would've liked to simply drive home and forget everything Verne had said, Lola knew she couldn't send Jughead in alone in case anything happened. That was how she found herself driving through streets she wasn't familiar with.

Lola felt like they had been driving forever. In reality, it hadn't been that long but her growing nerves and anxiety bubbling up were getting the better of her. It didn't help that, when they did eventually stop, it was at a long abandoned building with all of the windows boarded up.

"You still sure about this, Jug?" Lola asked anxiously, hoping that, by some miracle, he would have a change of heart. Jughead tossed a torch at the girl and shrugged. "No going back now" he stated without any fear. Lola sighed deeply as she watched him approach the door, turning on his torch.

As soon as Jughead opened the old door, loud music poured out of it. Lola was surprised she hadn't heard it muffled through the old walls but she was probably too busy freaking out to notice it.

It took a moment for Lola's eyes to adjust to the darkness in the room, even with her torch shining in front of her. She was growing more and more anxious by the minute but she managed to ignore it and follow Jughead into the darkness.