"Do you want to sit down?" He offered.

"Oh, I"m okay." She declined awkwardly. She desperately wanted to just find Lia and head home. "I'm actually heading out soon. Just trying to find someone."

"Could I help?" One of his eyebrows shot up. He was very good-looking.

"No, thank you though." She tried giving him the most sincere smile she could muster. She knew she must be coming off as a complete idiot, but could do nothing about it. Her hair stuck to the sides of her neck and down her chest.

"No problem," He said, and walked off not before giving her a last smile.

If she didn't hate clubs before, she definitely did now. She emerged out of the side exit to the street and was met with a couple of teens high on something. Two people down the alley were embraced in a sloppy make out, and a few people were just standing around smoking. The air was freezing out and she was without anything to wrap herself up to get warm. Clutching at her sides, she walked down the road and pulled out her phone. Not a single notification, she remarked. Lia must really be having a fun time. She dialed her number and waited on the sidewalk, teeth chattering.

It went to voicemail. "Dammit Lia," Allie cursed, hanging up and resorting to texting her instead. 

Where are you? I'm outside and ready to leave when you are.

The sound of laughter pulled her head up as across the way she saw the two people making out earlier heading toward her. She moved out of their way against the grimy wall of the club, clutching her phone to her. She felt it vibrate against her the next second.

I'm on my way out. 

She breathed a sigh of relief at the text, wondering why on earth she couldn't answer her call a second ago. Although she probably wouldn't have even been able to hear her with the music. She was standing against the wall, her one leg up behind her, the other shaking madly from the cold. Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she saw the couple stop and turn to look at her. She hastily glanced their way, but saw them duck around a corner at the end of the street. Why am I getting so jumpy?, she thought to herself. Then again, she wasn't exactly having a great night. Her head throbbed and it sounded like she was in a wind tunnel.

"Hey, you okay?" Lia appeared at her side, her black hair frizzing out of the ponytail a bit from humidity. Her dark eyes looked worryingly at Allie, as if immediately suspecting something had happened. Her sequin top and black skirt shown under the streetlight, black thigh high boots caked in a layer of dirt.

"Yeah, just ready to leave." Lia knew she didn't like clubs, but Allie still went because Lia wanted her to. In Lia's words, she "needed a wing-woman". Allie didn't exactly think that was necessary, though, Lia as breathtaking as she was.

Lia was clearly a little drunk as well but she always handled it better than Allie. She gently grabbed Allie's arm, guiding her down the sidewalk. She smelled sweet and a bit like alcohol, but not nearly as much as Allie must've smelled, she thought. She wondered what she looked like after spilling all her drink on herself. She looked down at her body, her black jeans with slits at the knees appearing a little worse for wear. Her boots were scuffed, and her skin gleamed with the remnants of the sticky liquid.

"Sorry I took so long. I think I might've had a shot with someone tonight, but I messed it up. I always tell the worst jokes when I drink." Said Lia gravely, but she wore a smile.

"Sorry to interrupt that." Allie said non-convincingly. She tried to mask it, but she was always jealous when Lia would talk about flirting with other people.

Lia just laughed, still holding Allie's arm gently. "There'll be other nights."

"Yeah." Allie was so tired, but she knew they didn't have long to go before they were back to their apartment. The comfort of a warm shower and her soft bed danced in her mind dreamily. She was somewhat of a homebody, compared to Lia who loved going out to explore new places and party.