Prologue

Mita Toyoshige was a normal man. He'd lived a normal life. He heard the rumors of a murderer in his hometown of Morioh, but he had no reason to get involved. He tended to keep to himself. Many people believed him to be menacing, but he tried to be friendly as much as possible. Of course, a man can't be friendly all his life.

     He rounded the corner and continued walking to the bar. It'd been a tough workday, and he needed a good drink. He often felt that he needed a good drink. He looked up at the neon sign: "Benjiro bar"

     He went in, and ordered a whiskey. He found himself doing this all too often. His parents were almost never around when he was growing up, and he believed that this was why he was this way. He just couldn't stop drinking. Almost every day.

     He was almost done with the glass when a man wearing a pair of ugly glasses knocked into him and almost sent him flying from his barstool. The man had his buff arm wrapped around his tiny girlfriend.

     "Ah, sorry, bud," the man said, passive-aggressively.

     The man looked him in the eye as he said it. He didn't look sorry, that was for sure.

     "No worries," Mita responded, raising his glass, "Cheers. To your long life."

     The man glared back at Mita, then continued out of the tavern.

     Mita felt rage in his heart. He didn't know why this man made him so angry, but he had to get back at him somehow. He left what remained of his drink and followed the couple out of the bar.

     When the couple arrived at their apartment complex, Mita decided to wait outside and take note of which apartment was theirs. He could use this information.

     But that was when he saw him. A man with black, shiny, spiked hair, dressed in a white suit coat was also tailing the couple. Under his coat, he wore a red shirt with yellow pinstripes, and a tie with strange skulls on it.

     He didn't recognize the man, but he knew that he was dangerous. Simply the vibes that he gave seemed menacing.

     Mita continued to watch as the suspicious man stopped the couple in the entrance to their apartment, but the only thing he could see from inside afterward was the explosion. Mita knee this man was dangerous, but he hadn't realized what was going on until it was too late. He bolted from the complex in fear.

     Little did he know, the summer was just picking up in terms of bizarre occurrences in this town. All of a sudden, he could see all these strange things. Reports of murders began to ramp up. The killer was finally caught, but the town would be hurt forever. Mita knew he couldn't live in Morioh-Cho any longer. He had to leave.