chapter •it's time

...

Anna ran as quickly as she could without tripping over her dress. People stepped aside and just stare as she sped off. She made it to the large doors where she was told the King would be with his council.

She was almost stopped by the guards, but she ducked under them to pass. The eyes of men and of the King were on her. The guards grabbed her arms to try and put her out.

"Your Majesty, I have important news." Anna says, trying to pull away from the guards grasp. Part of the council was Ambrose and Anna pleaded with them. Henry sent the guards out.

"Speak, girl." Henry barks, obviously annoyed by the interruption. Anna bows.

"Your Grace, the Queen is in labor." Anna informs. Henry's cold demeanor was gone and congratulations were given to him. Henry was clapped on the back by his friend, Charles.

"...but the physician says it is a bit early, he doesn't know if she or the children will survive." Anna ends. Henry nods and leans forward, pointing a finger at the door.

"Tell the physician... if my wife does not make it, he shall join her." Henry threatens. Anna bows and rushes out.

Everyone was anxious for the birth of a prince or two... Everyone except,

Jane sat at her mirror and glares at nothing. She prayed for the death of that Russian whore and her spawns. She had to do something, ANYTHING! But what can she do?

More poison, maybe? Get Caroline to poison the babes and their mother. If the babes were to die, Anastasia will be gotten rid of like Anne Boleyn was.

What to do... what to do...

Jane smirks at herself. She will be the mother of Henry's only living son, and she shall be a queen.

Midwives surrounded Anastasia. Next to her was Kathleen, holding her hand tight and saying soothing words.

"I can't-I can't do it! It hurt too much!" Anastasia says her breath getting louder and louder.

"You can, Anastasia. You can do it. And when you are done, you will get to hold your children in your arms." Kathleen assures. Anastasia screams as she pushes with all her might.

"It is almost here, Your Majesty. Just keep pushing." The midwife says. Anastasia squeezes Kathleen's hand as Tatiana dabs her forehead with a white cloth. Anastasia pushed and pushed until the first babe was finally out. Anastasia breathes heavily from exhaustion.

"What is it? Is it a boy?" Kathleen asks for Anastasia. Anastasia did her best to try and listen, but the wave of pain starts up again. Once more, she's must delivery her next child.

Henry rushes to the chamber of his wife, able to hear for yelling and the talking of midwives. Henry saw his daughter Mary and Anastasia's Lady Anna with Princess Margaret in her arms. They turn and now to him. Henry grabs Mary by the shoulders.

"What has happened, Mary? What news is there?" He asks.

"Her Majesty has already given birth to the first child. She is having difficulties with this one." Mary says in worry. She held onto the rosary that was gifted to her and quietly prayed. She prayed for a boy, just so Anastasia may stay.

They stood there when a nurse walks out with a bundle in her arms. Henry walks forward with an impatient look.

"What is it? Tell me!"

"A boy, Your Majesty. A healthy son." The midwife exclaims and hands over the boy over the the king. She quickly returns to help with the birth of the next child.

"A son..." Henry whispers as he stares at the face of him legitimate, living son. Another baby's wails are heard from behind the curtains and Tatiana rushes out with a wide smile.

"Another prince." Tatiana exclaims. Mary smiles and rushes in to see how her stepmother was. Henry laughs with joy.

"Two sons." Henry repeats. He hopes this wasn't a dream, but the movement in his arms told him otherwise. His son was yawning.

Maria and Caroline stand there as they wait for the new princes to be handed to them. Caroline moves slightly nervous. These new princes will have a life of caution because of her sister. She will not allow them to live, but Caroline will stop her family.

A wet nurse hands Maria over the second prince carefully. Maria walks away with the sleeping prince. A second wet nurse walks over and hands over the first prince. Caroline stares at the innocent face.

"I will protect you, little prince. You and your brother. I promise." Caroline whispers. She walks to Maria and joins her.

Henry joins Anastasia as she is kept in bed.

"Ask me for anything, anything at all and it shall be yours." Henry says as he takes her hand.

"Please don't leave me alone. I couldn't bare it. I don't want to be alone." Anastasia says sleepily. Henry kisses the top of her forehead and lays with her. They enjoy the silence as Anastasia falls into her sleep, in the arms of her beloved husband.

Jane flipped over a table in anger, waking up Edward. He starts to cry because of the noise. Jane, as well, sobs. Feeling Henry's love slipping through her fingers.

Her door opens as her brother Edward storms in. He finds Jane on the floor with puffy eyes. Edward rushes over immediately.

"Sweet Jane, what is wrong?" Edward asks.

"Two sons. TWO!!" Jane screams. Edward holds her still. Jane rocks back and forth in her brother's arms. She's ruined. Henry will marry her off and she will never be queen.

Edward gently moves Jane's hair away and kisses her forehead to soothe her. It seemed innocent until Jane looks up at her brother's eyes. Edward looks back, looking down at her lips before kissing her softly on them, and Jane...returns it.

IT WAS WEIRD TO WRITE THE LAST PART BUT THAT'S HOW THE STORY'S GOTTA MOVE ON.