XXI. STARS FROZEN IN TIME

Start from the beginning

It was too late when he realized what he did and I did. He forgot one important fact about my quirk. I could take anyone inside my portal provided that I touch them or they touch me. And Todoroki just did the honor and touched my hand.

We both landed inside my portal. The exact same moment I threw a punch on his jaw as he stumbled backwards.

"That's for kicking me, twice."

I didn't know why. Perhaps because my right arm was frozen that I feel a lot colder than usual. I looked at my arm. Wouldn't my blood cease to function? I feel numb.

Maybe I was lost in my train of unusual thoughts that when I looked up I saw Todoroki in front. The side of his mouth had blood from when I punched him.

"Give me your hand," he said, looking at my right arm. Slowly, and a bit reluctantly, I lift my arm.

The moment I did, he touched my palm using his left hand and I instantly felt it. The warmth I've always wanted to feel. He was using his left side to melt the ice on my right arm.

What was I thinking? When I said I wanted him to use that left side to fight against me? What was I thinking? I shouldn't ask him to use it. Not when his eyes look so sad and teary.

"When I was fighting Midoriya," he started. He wasn't looking at me though, he was looking at our hands with our palms touching together. "When I was fighting him I forgot all about my father. All I remember was my mother as she told me I can become whoever I want– that I can become a Hero too."

He really loves his mother. He's lucky, he has mother who told him that he can become whoever he wanted.

"She was always crying. She always hated this side of me. The side that reminded him of that bastard who took everything from her."

That's when I saw it. The traitor tear that fell from his right eye. The tear I wanted to wipe during his match with Midoriya, now I could wipe it. And I did, I lift my hand and wiped the tear.

"Your mother, I wanted to meet her. She seems very kind, I've never had a kind mother so I wanted to me your Mom someday."

That's when he looked at me, his mismatch eyes were glistening with tears and stars reflecting from my portal. It was a beautiful view that I could get lost just by staring.

"Sure," he said, as he finally smiled.

"You were there too," he said suddenly. I frown in confusion. What was he talking about? "While fighting Midoriya, you were in my memories too. I heard your voice reminding me that to reject something, I must first accept it. Maybe that's how I managed to use my left side. And Midoriya's words also pulled me into using that side– shouting that it was my power, after all."

So, even though he didn't use his left side during our match, I was part of the reason why he managed to use it during his match with Midoriya.

I didn't know why but, I felt a lot better now, knowing that fact. For some reason, I feel something warm inside my chest that I couldn't help but did that.

I kissed the burn on his left side. Somehow, I wanted to ease the grudge he felt towards that side of him.

When I moved back, both of us were standing still. Even I was surprised at what I did. And by the seconds my heart is starting to beat faster. Now my mind is starting to replay what happened. My first kiss, his first kiss. Although it was just on the cheek but still. What have I done? What if Todoroki keeps his distance from now on? What if he didn't like what I did? What is he thinking right now?

"I'm really sor–"

Huh?

What is happening?

I think my heart would explode. My face is starting to heat up. What in the world is he doing? How could he do something to me like this without so much of an effort?