sixteen

david started frantically packing for his trip. all he did was fill a backpack with his charger, laptop, and an extra set of clothes.

natalie heard all the ruckus and went straight into his room, thinking he was throwing all of his stuff around in frustration.

she walked in to david throwing stuff in his backpack and looking around his room seeing if he missed anything else.

"woah, what's going on?" she asked wearily, scared of what might come out of his mouth.

"i'm going to see el" he said still looking around his room for anything he could've possibly missed.

natalie's mouth hung open in shock, but mainly in fear. she knew ellie wasn't in a good state right now and david needed to leave her be to think.

"i don't think you should go" natalie said. she knew he was in pain too but ellie has never dealt with heart break, and he has.

"i need her, natalie" he said, voice cracking from the tears he's been shedding since the girl had been gone.

she was his rock, and he let her go.

"have you talked to anyone about just randomly showing up at her house? do you even know where she lives?" she questioned, making sure he wasn't about to trap himself in a situation he wouldn't be able to get it alone.

"yeah. she lives in brooklyn, remmy is picking me up from the airport." he said, wiping the snot off his nose with his sleeve.

she scrunched her nose in disgust but let it slide knowing he wasn't doing his best.

"how long till your flight leaves?" she asked. he looked down at his watch.

"about two hours now, why?" he asked.

"i'll drive you so you can relax. you're really tense and you need to think about what to say, so you can brainstorm on the plane" she said, hopefully helping him in this difficult situation.

"okay" he mumbled out. he had no clue why he took remmy's sarcasm so seriously.

but his past week without ellie nearly killed him.

kelsey came over the day after ellie left and he was a complete wreck, he was just staring into space while kelsey would talk about her modeling.

he blurted out he didn't wanna see her anymore and she understood completely. she saw the way he was so in love with ellie and she admired that.

kelsey was great but ellie was everything. she was his everything.

he thought it sounded dumb and cheesy but he couldn't help but feel like he couldn't breathe without her. his heart physically ached.

he missed her so much to the point he would drive to her apartment and go lay in her bed and deciding to go home thinking it was weird.

he missed her and she missed him too.

ellie still had no idea the brunette was going to visit her since dakota and remmy were the best secret keepers.

ellie decided it was time for her daily nap since it was close enough to 4.

david boarded his plane hours ago and was almost there.

remmy and dakota found it perfect timing since ellie was strange and took naps so late.

"we'll be right back el" dakota whispered while kneeling down beside her bed to push the hair out of her face to kiss her forehead. they've always been close as siblings and remmy adores them for that.

ellie just hummed in response, not really skeptical of anything since it wasn't weird of the pair to go off and do their own thing for a little while.

but little did ellie know the biggest surprise (even if it's good or bad) was going to be there in a couple of hours.

KAYLA SPEAKS !
hi this is just a filler since i can't think haha. anyways next week will be a busy week for me so i'm very sorry in advanced if i don't post. we all know i probably will but only time will tell :). i hope you guys have a good night/day/afternoon !

love, kayla <3