3| Findings

Findings

I rested my head against my palm as I stare out into the woods, the wind brushing my hair back and cooling down my skin from the blazing sun. I leaning against one of our border walls far away from the camp. I just wanted to get away from all the responsibilities that wait for me back at the camp. Even royal people need a breather once in a while.

The killing of villages leaders was running smooth. From the letters I've gotton from Clover, Lexa defeintly got my message. Oh did I tell you Clover was still alive?

When Anya found out about the whole spy thing, she tried to kill him but Clover read the letter she left and fled the scene before hand. He was in hiding before he heard of my return back to camp. He showed about four days ago and I gave him instuctions to get more information from the inside. Clover was one of my trusted men, he is the most trusted person for me. He was at my fathers side as a dear friend and knew how to help out.

Anyway, Clover was able to hand me a letter that Lexa was sending to a Trikru leader about my killings. She wanted to make a deal with us so that we can live in peace, but I know what she wants. She wants us to join her thirteenth clan bullshit. She wants us to bend at the knee for her just because she's the commander. Being the commander she should know that we won't bend at all. Wolfkru doesn't bow down to anyone but their king or queen. My family and I might not have the blood of the commanders, but we have a Connection to the earth.

All the way to the first ever king of Wolfkru, our people always had a some sort of connection to the earth and its beings. Animals would never run away from us, some even became our companions, hence the wolves. But my family always had a deeper connection. Deep in the woods there are many rabid animals that have been changed since the end of the first world. One of them being a oversize black wolf we call the demon wolf. His eyes glow in the dark, his paw prints as big as a adults head. Our clans only way you can become king or queen is if you can slay the demon wolf. We let it breed so that new generations can kill the next. Our first king brought the head of the beast to our people and claimed himself as their king. Since that day forth my family has been the only family to have the crown. The day before I will be crown queen, I will be sent into the woods it lives with nothing but my sword to bring back it's head, or I die in the process.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I sigh deeply out of my nose while closing my eyes. "Who ever this is better have a death warrant."

"As if you could," I hear Clover's voice say behind me. Furrowing my brows together in cunfusion, I straighten up and turn around to find him standing below the small ledge with his arms folded behind him. I could make out a piece of paper in hand, making my curiousity grow.

I cross my arms over my chest as I stared at my teacher. "What are you doing here Clover? I know for a fact your mission isn't done." Something flashes in his dark eyes but as fast as it came it was gone.