2 | Details

Details

Being cleaned of dirt and sweat felt weird when your used to being covered in it for days. My old clothes were thrown into a fire as two helpers brought in my new ones along with my armor and sword. I might be surrounded by my people but that didn't help the feeling of being a stranger.  If I want do keep my head attached to my neck I'm only trusting people I know I can trust.

Right now I was standing around a table the shape of a circle with my other advisors around. Gyan and Safan were standing by the entrance while Amana stayed by my side. Having her here helped dial down the amount of stress and work that's going be placed on my shoulders in the future.

"We know you've only been back for a day, your majesty. But we need to take action. Our army has been expanding with help of our prince but with the battle we just fought with the Sky People left a quarter of our army either lost in the woods, wounded or dead," Dathom stated.

His head was clean of hair, his body was well built showing off his many war tattoos on his arms and neck. A large scar ran from where his forehead started all the way down to the end of his lips. He got it from bear hunting with some of my men and was stupid enough to actually challenge it without a weapon. He can be extremly stupid when it came to fighting but his mind was sharp when it came to war tactics.

I leaned more onto my palms that were laid out on the wooden table. "I understand that Bathom, but I can't just go to village after village killing people. We don't have the rescourses and would most likely only result in more death on our end," I pointed out while looking up with a clench jaw.

The two of us have been going at it for an hour about this. Half of my advisors were behind his idea of going go different villages and plurging on them while the other half were on my side.

"Which is why we should do it," He slammed a hand on the table making some of our wooden warriors shake from the impact. "We would be gaining more resources and killing more of her people."

I can't help but run a hand down my face in frustration. "Do you know how much supplies I would need to give to all forty warriors to go to that village? How many of our people die from the plurges?" Dathom stayed silent as he looked down. "That's what I thought. So when I say that we don't have enough resources means we don't have enough." I looked at each and every one of my advisors that were on his side to make sure my message was clear until my hard faze landed back on Dathom. "Have I made myself clear?"

"Yes your majesty," he mumbled, everyone else following shortly.

I nodded my head and stood back up, folding my hands behind my back. "Does anyone else have an idea?" All of us glanced around to see not one person raise their hands. Just as I was about to call it a quits, Amana raises her hand from my side. I look over at her and raise an eyebrow. She never spoke during these meetings. "Yes Amana?"