𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠

Start from the beginning

           "He kept on using his screwdriver to remove the inside parts of an old DVD player. "And I heard you've been looking for me all afternoon." He muttered.

           "How could you have possibly heard that if you've been here all day?"

           "You just said I was 'quite the engineer', shouldn't that indicate something?"

           "Right, eyes everywhere. Or ears everywhere. Who cares?" Evie was getting tired already from his attitude. "So, are you building something there? Or, destroying something?"

           Wyc sighed, pushed his goggles to the top of his head, and focused his gaze unto her. "Evie, just tell me what you want."

           The blue-haired chemist tilted her head, something she did to establish her status on the Isle plenty of times. She summoned up the power stance of her mother, the Evil Queen. It often got results. "Fair enough."

Campus Dorms, Auradon Prep.

           A part of Carlos was seriously questioning his friendships and his choices at the moment. He was just starting his relationship with Jane and if word got out that of all the people he was two-timing her with was Binx Cheshire, that gossip wouldn't be dying soon. It didn't matter if whether Binx was a guy or a girl, it mattered because it was Binx. The werecat was infamous and scary for a reason, unlike Ruby who people feared for her mindset, people were warier of Binx due to his erratic behavior. And Mal decided that he would be the best to go and talk to the guy.

           He physically shook his body like Dude did every time he took a bath. He found it was a good way to literally shake off the nerves that were eating at him. Eating. Ah man, he could go for some peanut-butter chocolate cookies right now. And it was still early the kitchens were stocked. Carlos also found that eating helped him ease his nerves.

           Still, he ignored his newfound craving for cookies and strongly knocked on the bedroom door. He waited a minute before he heard the loud call.

           "Come on in, De Vil!"

           Carlos's eye widened a bit, not expecting to be invited in so quickly and also not expecting for Binx to be expecting him. Nevertheless, he opened the door and walked in, seeing Binx thrown against a reading chair that reminded Carlos of a housecat stretching his back. "How'd you know it was me?"

           Binx however, was focused on the book in his lap, "I could hear your footsteps and once you were close enough I recognized your scent."

           Carlos tilted his head and shrugged like it was the most reasonable explanation. He had been aware of werecats for a while and faintly remembered the Bad Wolf's kids from Dragon Hall. He learned about werewolves and knew them, why would werecats be any different? Not to mention Mal was practically half-dragon, or half-lizard if you asked Jay. "Right, forgot about that."

           Binx eventually talked again once he noticed the Isle boy was nervously looking at every corner of his and Wyc's room. "So what are you here for?"

           "Oh, well, I was wondering," Carlos paused, he was clearly stalling for a better explanation to pop into his head. Or you know, anything to pop into his head. So, when something eventually did he didn't hesitate to speak, "Remember what you said about Jane? How she's always so bubbly because of all that power just waiting to explode?" Even as he said it, he didn't know where he was going with it. He wasn't here to talk about his girlfriend, he was here to talk about Wonderland. But then a small part of him was curious about Jane and her powers and why she didn't tell him. Surely she trusted him, right?