𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟. 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦

♝♗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑:

𝐷 𝑂 𝑁 ' 𝑇   𝐵 𝐸   𝑆 𝑂 𝑅 𝑅 𝑌

ONE HOUR EARLIER

           Jax was awake. As far as he knew, he was the only person awake around Auradon Prep. It didn't make any sense, why he was awake and why everyone dropped to sleep. His first guess was a villain got out and pulled a Maleficent by cursing the whole kingdom to sleep because the actual mistress of darkness was still a reptile at the moment so it ruled her out. In his theory, he also planned to blame the villain kids ahead of time since it was most likely that it was their fault at letting a villain out.

           But he still couldn't figure out why he was the one awake. The most logical reason for being is because the entire school was out and about and he was inside under lock and key. It was summer, who would be indoors? Someone hiding from the royal guards apparently. Still, it came in handy once the spell was cast, he was far from it. He couldn't help but think how ironic the situation was. The entire kingdom could be asleep at the moment, it was the perfect scenario to get out without a fight, but unfortunately, his friends were also under the sleeping curse. Or at least, two of the ones he could find were.

           He found Ruby just outside the entrance, so that was pure luck, and made sure she was comfortable and safe in her room. Along the way, he tried looking for Allie, in the library or the common grounds but there was no sign of the young blonde, it worried him to no avail but he had to keep going. He then went to the boy's dorm to try and find Wyc and Binx, but they weren't there. He later found that Wyc had fallen asleep on top of his workshop desk in the garage, holding his welding helmet as a teddy bear. He seemed fine enough, though Jax didn't think to let him slumber next to various electrical circuits would be the responsible thing to do, so he moved him back to his dorm as well, the snoring boy's arms still clutching the welding helmet.

           He did try to find Binx, but the truth was he didn't know where he spent his days now. The werecat barely spoke to him, and when he did, it was to either insult him or start a fight. As he exited the boys' dorm, he found himself with a sleeping Nate on the lobby floor along with a few others that Jax assumed were friends of the Knight. He was dressed in beachwear and had a bag filled with towels and a gift which were all now spilled on the floor. He didn't think to help him or to make him comfortable, no, his first thought was that the beach getup was reminding him of something. He heard Ruby mention something a few days ago, something about a party in the Enchanted Lake for Jane's birthday. She always did like Jane.

           That was when another thought occurred to him, wasn't Jane Carlos' girlfriend? It was most likely he'd be at her party. And wherever one VK was, the others were bound to be close. And he had a feeling the villain kids would know something about this fiasco.

           He quickly set off down the hall of the building, ignoring his sleeping old friend, ignoring the growing guilt at not helping him, and ignoring the small voice in his head telling him that Nate isn't their friend anymore. That voice tried to remind him of all the horrible things Nate had been the source of. That Nate abandoned his people to save his own skin. But the guilt stayed there, Jax couldn't get rid of it.

♝♗

           When he finally got to the Enchanted Lake, everyone was dozed off. He looked all around, no villain kids and no one showed even the smallest of signs that they could wake up. He grunted loudly, making his way around the woods that surrounded the lake before hearing water splashing around. He froze, someone was there.