Not just normal brownies // Random One Shot

Start from the beginning

"You mean they're some different kind? They did have a slightly strange aftertaste. Are they some sort of vegan type or something?"

"N-no...Not exactly."

"Then....What were they?"

He asks, his grey eyes meeting with yours.

"U-um...Well I want to make it clear that they were a friends, not mine. But they might have a little bit of...Um...Well they're...They're edibles."

You say in a small voice, looking down while you prepare for the bombardment of questions about where you got them, along with God knows what else.

"...Edibles?"

He asks, placing an index finger to his lips. Sighing at how dense he was, you huff before completely letting out the truth, knowing he would find out soon anyway when they kicked in.

"They had weed in them. You know, marijuana? Pot? They're brownies that are meant to get you high, L."

"W-what?! They had what in them?!"

He suddenly stammers, before taking his arm out from around you.

"W-Where did you get them?!"

He asks, a sudden sharpness to his tone.

"I told you, they were a friends....And before you ask, no, I will not be naming names."

You retort, keeping your gaze averted.

"And look, honey, it's not like I was going to be eating any. I was just keeping them. Besides...Is it really that big of a deal? It's not like it's crack cocaine or anything."

You say, and he relaxes a little, but soon after looks toward you with a concerned glance, his nervousness about the situation clearly growing.

"Um....How much was I technically supposed to have...? Did I have too much? I....I'm not going to overdose am I?"

He asks while you sense his panic, and you sigh as you take his hand.

"Look....Maybe a little bit much for you, but you'll be completely fine. I'm not going to sugar coat it honey, two is going to be a lot, seeing as you've never done anything like this...But you'll be alright. Panicking is one of the worst things you can do, so just trust that you'll be okay."

You say, trying to reassure him a little while you try to keep from laughing. This whole situation was fairly funny, and he shoots his gaze towards you before glaring daggers.

"It's not funny!"

"Oh it absolutely is. That'll teach you to get into someone else's treats without them knowing~"

You tease, giggling as you see his completely unamused expression.

"Oh stop. Theres nothing we can do about it now, so let's make the best of it. Come here."

You smile, gently taking him by his slender shoulders and laying down, letting him use your chest as a pillow while you let your hand trace to his hair.

"Most importantly, just relax."

You gently tell him, and he doesnt answer. He must have been pretty nervous for them to kick in. He must not know what to expect...

"Whoa....U-um, (y/n)?" He begins, while his arms tighten slightly around you.

"Mm?"

"My whole body feels heavy. Like I'm sinking..."