"I told you to just call me Zach, and fine Willow. But you owe me."

"We'll go out for drinks tomorrow, is that fine?"

"Yes it is, just don't get caught."

"That's Zach? Everybody made him sound like some scary guy, he seems so relaxed, just stern."

"Zachary is a sweetheart, he only puts on that scary act for the guys. Kinda his way of keeping them in line. Don't worry about him though, he's laid back."

"That's good to hear, my heart nearly dropped. But you should finish your work."

"I've been done for hours, he just doesn't need to know that."

The rest of our work day was spent with me hearing office gossip from Willow. Apparently a lot has been going on without my knowledge, although others business isn't any of mine, it was still very interesting to hear regardless.

After work, we caught a cab to the restaurant, it was closer than I thought it would be, honestly, we could've walked here. What a waste of money. But complaining wasn't going to make it any better, I also didn't want to upset Willow. So I said nothing at all.

The food was delicious, and the drinks were very refreshing to me. I wish I would've known about this restaurant sooner, I'd come here everyday if I could. "Thank you for bringing me here, I'll cover the bill."

"It's no need to, it's my treat of course. Just a way of solidifying our new found friendship. All the other women in the office ignore me, your the first to actually give me a chance. I appreciate that a lot Nova. I finally feel like I finally belong at the company thanks to you!" Without any warning, Willow suddenly hugged me while giggling. I wasn't used to anybody giving me hugs or affection, besides Sayyora, Quintin and Kelsi. This was uncomfortable for me in a way, but not wanting to be rude, I hugged her back and smiled as well.

After our hug and food, we both went our separate ways. Suddenly, I remembered that I didn't tell Quintin that I was going out with Willow after work. I hope he won't be upset with me, I feel like an idiot. Paying the taxi driver a bit extra to make it there in a shorter time, I anticipated getting scowled by him.

I don't know why I was so anxious, Quintin didn't seem like the type of person to get upset over something like this. It's sad that I was still having doubts about trusting him, it's been a year since we've met, but anybody can change over time as well.

"I'm home!" Nobody answered, Sayyora might still be at her friends house, but Quintin should be home by now. I wonder where he could be? It's not like him to be home late.

While I waited around for him, I decided to do the laundry, clean the house, then cooked dinner. Even after I finished everything, he still wasn't home yet...

I was more worried than scared now, where is he? Frantically I started to message Quintin, what if Kyle or David got to him? I knew being around would be dangerous. If something happened to him I'm going to hate myself.

15 minutes felt like an hour to me, but finally I heard keys opening the door. A sway of emotions took over me. Should I be happy or upset? Both felt right at the moment, so until I decided how to respond I just stayed silent. Overreacting wouldn't be the best option for me anyways.

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect for my meeting to run so late. You looked panicked, did something happen while I was gone? Are you ok?"

Without any words, I buried my face into his chest while standing in complete silence, unable to find the right words to say. "Nova, what's wrong? You feel tense and seem to be trembling a bit."