To New Beginnings

Emilio

I glanced at my watch and cursed myself. I was late. Jane must have reached the appartment and I was still stuck in traffic. I did not want her to go through the shifting alone. I could feel a sense of guilt taking over me so I urged the driver to go faster. I received a perplexed look from him. I let that go and raised the screen separating us. After all I never had the habit of speeding anywhere. If I was late, i was late. There were no need to challenge time and risk lives by driving erratically. So why was I feeling guilty? Where did that come from suddenly? I just didn't like the idea of disappointing Jane. Ok that's a new one for me. She was just a temporary phase in my life. In one year, everything would be over and we would both go ahead with our respective lives. It was as simple as this. I mean there are no chance for anything to go wrong between both of us. We were quite different. Not as different as she thought but we were different. Still there was something strangely pleasant about her and there were many other irritating things too. For instance, each and everytime she complained that we were both so different that no one would buy our act, I felt almost insulted. The way she complained about my lifestyle being different from hers, she made me feel like I was the odd one in this equation when she was actually the odd one. She refused categorically any money for the contract marriage. She told me that I was providing her with free shelter, free food and free internet so she didn't need any other compensation. Seriously who thinks like that? Any women in her situation would happily accept my offer and enjoy this marriage. She even asked me if she should pay the rent for my appartment. What the heck? I was beginning to feel that this woman has never been in a stay in relationship. Even if she had, she must have had misers as partners. But amidst all this, it was refreshing to know that I wouldn't have problems with her. We both were clear that even though we were staying under the same roof, we would be living our lives separately and we would meet once a month to get to know each other for her visa purpose. So nothing could go wrong, right?
I came out of my thoughts when I saw the driver pulling near the appartment. I quickly hopped off and walked towards the elevator. When i entered my appartment I could her cartons and luggage in the living room. I heard some laughter from the kitchen so I made my way there. Jane was bending over the Island table. Her black see through blouse was raised a bit due to her posture. Her legs were encased in tight black matte pants which accentuates all her curves in the right places. I felt a stirring in a place i shouldn't feel. Her hair was as usual tied in tight bun. She was talking to Mrs Helen, my housemaid. I cleared my throat to make her notice my presence. Someone should tell her not to take such positions. I saw her straightened herself and turned to face me. I wished she didn't. Even though her blouse was see through, she wore a camisole inside . But one's imagination could only wonder what those breasts looked like without it. She smiled at me and said
'Hi, I hope you don't mind the luggage in the living room. Actually we were both a bit tired so thought that maybe tomorrow we can shift everything in my room' She knew that Mrs Helen would be strictly Confidential about our marriage.
'I am sorry I am late. Do not worry about the luggage, take your time. I hope you didnt have much difficulty in moving your things here?' I asked while moving towards the sink. I needed some water to cool down my mind a bit and hopefully cool down the damn hormones.
' Oh not at all, the men you sent were all very helpful. They didnt let me do anything until I threatened them that they might break something. Then only they let me carry some of the bags' She beamed and I was stunned. She threatened them and they let her have her way. I sent trained commandos to help her! What is she? I moved towards the table and told her
'They were sent to help you. You should have let them do their work' 'Well yeah they did help me. But I couldn't just stand there like royalty and let them do all the works by themselves. After all it was my stuffs they were moving' she exclaimed and bent again on the table to look at a newspaper. Damn her. I could see her cleavage from the top. I should stop this I reprimanded myself and turned to leave the kitchen but before leaving i told Mrs Helen to get dinner ready and I headed for a much needed cold shower without turning to look at her again. Why was I feeling like this? I haven't taken anyone to bed for a while..that's it. That's the reason I was attracted to my curvy would be wife. MY? REALLY Emilio? Since when did you become possessive? I shook my head and turn the tap on.

Jane

As soon as he left, I let a sigh out. It should be a crime for someone to be so handsome and so tempting. I felt things that I never felt before. It was not that I never had handsome men around me but none of them ever appealed to me. I mean i knew here that any attraction between us was impossible. That's it Jane. Concentrate on that. Emilio would never find you attractive. He was used to beautiful models and you are just a plain Jane. This did hurt a little. I focused on that pain and let myself through my room. It was quite spacious and had subtle colored furniture. In fact Emilio's apartment was quite different from his father's place. Emilio preferred subtle and clean cut furniture. You could see there was no beating around the bush with him. It reflected in his interior decor. Everything was simple and practical. From our conversation, I could say that Emilio was quite down to earth for someone with his status . He made sure that my shifting went smoothly. He even asked me to change whatever I wanted in my room. He was quite caring but I shouldn't let this get to my head. He was just trying to be sensible about my situation. It was tough to leave my appartment, to pack all my things and move in with him. On top of that, we both had to go through multiple planning sessions to determine the best way to break the marriage thing to our relatives and surrounding. Mr Alexander came up with the most convincing idea. We were supposed to have met at Mr Alexander's place. After all I had attended many meetings there so it was possible to have an encounter there. We then exchanged numbers to continue s very interesting conversation we were having about Sandra Bullocks movie, 'The Blind side'. This one was my idea because a movie was an easy option. He could watch the movie and learn everything about it. So following that we secretly dated for six months and then decided to go forward. I initially felt that six months was a long period of time to date as he must have been seen with other women, but he quite confidently said that this wouldn't be a problem. No one was going to counter our claims about the six months period. I let it go and confirmed that it wasn't going to be a problem for me also when he asked about my last relationship. He seemed to have assumed that I wasn't in a relationship at the moment. Well I would let him assume that. He didn't need to know that I have never been in any serious relationship. I decided to wear a light cotton maxi dress for dinner. I didn't know what type of clothes I should wear for dinner. Does he have fancy dinners at home? Or is it going to be a causual and relaxed one? Since I didnt know what to expect the maxi dress was the best choice. I went to take a shower and then slipped into the dress. So it starts from now. The marriage, the relationship, the pretense and the lie..