Chapter 23: Follow me Baby

Magsimula sa umpisa

Running out the car, I walk over to his side and pull him out, "Dance with me Giovanni".

Climbing out he takes my arms wrapping them around his neck then puts his on my waist pulling me close.

"Follow me Sophia".

I look up to those stormy grey eyes that had a fire lit in them.

"What?"

"You said you want to travel and I'm going home to Italy in December for Christmas. Come with me Sophia, I want you to meet my Mother and sister".

I give him a sad smile, "I-I Gio I would love too but It depends on weather I have enough money for a plane ticket and-".

With narrowed eyes he holds my face in his hands, "What did I tell you the first time we met?"

"That as long as your with me I don't need to worry about paying. But a plane ticket! Giovanni that's too much".

He strokes my cheek with his thumb, "Please Sophia let me take care of you. I Don't want you to worry about anything but packing clothes. We leave on the 22 of December and we'll be back by the 4th of January".

I bite my lip, "OK fine but since your doing something for me, let me do something for you-"

"I don't need you to do anything for me Sophia. Your company is enough".

I shake my head, "But I want too. Thanksgiving is in a two weeks, Lace and her Father are going to France to celebrate there so I would love it if you came over to celebrate with me".

Gio smiles looking relieved, "I would be honored to mio amore".

As Mariah Carey's 'Always be my baby' comes on, he pulls me closer to him that way his trench coat and his body can shield me from the Fall breeze.

And with the stars twinkling down on us and the full moon giving us a spotlight we danced like two lovers on their wedding night.

***

"Wow Italy!"

I shrug my shoulders, "You've been there before Lace".

"Yeah but a guy hasn't asked me to come with him so I could meet his family there!"

I pull the covers up to my chin, "I'm nervous about that".

"You shouldn't be, because there is not one person who has met you that was left with something bad to say about you. You have a contagious personality and a beautiful heart, plus your sexy to the third degree sis!"

I sit up and smack her with a pillow, "I don't think his mother wants to think of her son and I in such a way".

She shrugs, "I only speak the truth".

We lay back down and look up at the ceiling together.

"I'm happy for you but I'm gonna miss you Sophia".

I laugh, "Its a month away-"

"Yeah but I won't even get to see you because you leave when I'm coming back. We always celebrate Christmas together and I won't even see you for your birthday".

"Turning twenty-three isn't any different then Turing twenty-two. I actually think turning twenty-three is worse then twenty-two".

She nods, "True. Twenty means you aren't a teenager anymore, twenty-one means you can drink legally and twenty-two has a song about it".

"You can fly out to Italy and celebrate new years and my birthday with me?"

She frowns, "Giovanni probably wouldn't like that. Especially since I was really abnoxious in the car after our double date the other night".