fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

"I'm yours to keep, my beautiful girl." 

 a/n: this is ending o 

*Time jump: nine months

 ___ 

 She was so beautiful. The kind where it takes you a while to regain your train of thought because their radiance took ahold of your soul for a minute. And oh God, she did so much more than take over my being. 

 But lately, it was only recently, when she fell in love with me the way I loved her. The odds of me not sticking around with her, taking care of her, loving her would have probably resulted in her self caused death, but I stayed with her if she loved me or not because my selfishness stayed away for a while and maybe I was just lucky enough for the timing to be just right. 

 So, as I'm seven thousand miles away from the love of my life for a few days, it makes me realize how much I love her, how much infatuation is really there. The wooden acoustic guitar lays rested in between my legs. The audience begins to settle down as I adjust the instrument against my torso and begin to run my calloused fingers against the chords. 

 A sweet melody corrupting my ears as the warmth she gives me becomes familiar through the tones. 

 My lips brush against the microphone as the lyrics I made for her pour out from lips, into the air, into the world. As the love she gives me can be touched with someone else. 

 The state of connecting with the supporters I have in this arena gives my tan skin small goosebumps. A smile forms, my head no longer pounds, my heart no longer aches. I'm alright now. 

 I'm okay now. 

 I finish off the final chords and a roar of claps and cheers erupt from the thousands of strangers before me. A mutter a quick thank you as I get hurried off stage from the new security. I must be in trouble since of course, Luke, the lead singer, was suppose to sing a song that the new producers wrote but we all agreed that this is the last of it, the last of us, so we might as well rebel against the odds. 

 It was time to go home, that's all that mattered to me. 

 I got ushered to the back room, got fired, got thrown out of the venue, and was handed a plane ticket straight to Sydney, back to where I've been needing to go for the past three months of this hell tour. 

 I got too see my beautiful girl again. 

 -- 

My feet basically tripped over themselves as I run to the front door. It's seven in the morning, she must be awake. I knock furiously until she opens the door. 

 My eager arms are around her waist before I know it and her dress is in the corner of the room in the blink of an eye. It started out with a kiss, this whole beautiful mess with this beautiful, disastrous girl. 

 And I looked into her brown eyes as her breath became uneven. 

 "I love you so much, Addie." I whispered into her ears as her breath hitched in her throat. 

 "I love you too, Cal." 

 And I love her, I love her, I love her.