Damien nodded, to seem empathetic towards his situation. All the while, he was shuffling closer and closer to him, ready to disarm him and blow a hole in his chest.

"I get that, trust me I do. What do you think I'm doing here?"

Brody clenched his jaw and shook his head.

"I can't risk it—I just can't." He said, turning the gun to point at Mia's head again.

But she wasn't there.

"What the fuck—"

His moment of confusion gave Damien the perfect opportunity to lunge at him and rip the gun from his grasp; he immediately emptied 3 bullets into his chest.

As he fell to the ground gasping and clutching at his bloody wounds, Damien rose the gun to his head.

"Tell Liam I said hi."

The final gun shot came with a scream and Damien's head spun to find Mia on the floor in his closet.

"Oh baby." He said sympathetically. He immediately dropping the gun to walk towards her.

Mia sobbed and stumbled towards him, before grabbing onto his arms, crushing her face in his chest. Her cries caused her breathing to become laboured, leading her to choke and cough from her distress.

"Mia, baby you need to breathe." He said softly.

Mia shook her head and squeezed her face into his torso, tears still falling down her cheeks in a steady rhythm.

She hiccupped as he ran his hand down her back.

"You left me." She whimpered finally.

Damien sighed and slid down to the floor, lifting Mia to straddle his lap.

"You know I had to sort things out to keep you safe." He whispered into her hair.

"But I wasn't safe!" She yelled, tears welling up in her eyes again. "You were supposed to stay here to keep me safe." She said hoarsely.

Damien's eyes widened at her outburst.

"I know you're upset baby, but things would've been a lot worse for me and for you if I didn't do what I did earlier today."

Mia sniffled and turned her head to the side, pressing her ear against his chest.

"Did you kill someone." She asked quietly.

Damien pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek and nodded slightly.

"Yes."

Silence sounded between them for a moment before Mia spoke again.

"Okay." She sounded numb.

Damien sighed and kissed the top of her head.

"I didn't mean for you to see all of this." He told her remorsefully.

Mia didn't say anything. Instead, her eyes examined his face and she relaxed slightly when she saw no injuries. Although when her sight drifted to his side she gasped at the sight of fresh blood.

"Damien!" She exclaimed, causing him to stand up abruptly with her in his arms.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He sputtered, looking down her body and at their surroundings.

"You're bleeding." She whispered with wide eyes.

"What?" He questioned, before following her eyes to see blood on his side from where he was grazed earlier. "Oh" He said after discovering the wound.

Adrenaline was one son of a bitch.

Immediately, Mia scrambled out of his arms and unbuttoned his shirt to see the extent of his injury.

"Oh my God." She whimpered when she saw blood dripping down his side. "It looks deep Damien."

Damien took his first look at the wound and shook his head at the girl's dramatics.

"I was grazed and not that deep by the looks of it." He said, trying to calm her down. "Once I clean the blood off, it won't look so bad."

Mia let out a shaky breath and turned away from the injury, only to let out a yelp at the bloody body on the floor.

"Forgot that was there." Damien mumbled to himself. "Let's go to the guest bedroom." He said, gently pulling Mia away from the corpse.

Mia stumbled backwards, letting him pull her in the other direction.

~

"Are you sure that's it?" Damien asked.

"Sì, amico meo. My guys pulled out all of Liam's supporters and threatened the remaining group."

"Were there a lot?" He questioned curiously.

"Twenty. The rest were going along with him out of fear."

Damien hummed. It wasn't as much as he thought, considering he had over 250 people employed under him. Although he didn't think that that they were all a bunch of fucking pussies. That actually reminded him of the body that was in his room a few weeks ago.

"Thanks again for helping out with the mess in my room. My girl didn't want to step foot in the house until it was gone."

"Stai tranquillo"

No worries

"I owe you. And you know that coming from me is a big deal."

Matteo nodded and give Damien a firm pat on the back before walking out his office.

Damien had asked Matteo to come down and clear out everyone who had part in Liam's deluded plan because to be quite honest, he was tired. He still enjoyed the thrill and the adrenaline rush from his line of work, so he was going to keep doing it. But for now, he needed a fucking vacation.

Sighing, he got up and wiped a hand down his face before leaving- opening the double doors.

As soon as he was in the hallway, people froze and looked in the other direction, shame and fear evident on their faces. Rather than speak about what happened, Damien decided to let their minds wander. His silence was the only threat they needed.

People looked down and parted in the middle as he passed by and Damien couldn't help but smirk to himself. This is how it should've always been.