Watchful eyes

~3rd pov~

The trip was long and steady with a few stops in between to make it a little easier for the duo.  Music could be heard from the car at least a mile away, along with their screeching voices. After eight tiring hours, they finally arrived at the mountainous building also now known as their new work and home.

~Y/n's pov~

I slowly opened the car door and stared at the enormous building. I double-blinked and snapped out of my dazed state at the sound of F/n squealing, jumping up and down. "Look Y/n, isn't this amazing?!?" nodding I slowly turned back towards the car and opened the trunk. As soon as the trunk opened out came a whole collection of shoes "F/N!!! I told you no. more. ShOeS!!" In my side view, I could see F/n slowly turn towards the building getting ready to run. Before she could even take a step I grabbed the back of her shirt dragging her back towards me. Smiling I shoved her straight into the car, glaring straight at her "You're doing this, alone"  turning I went to the backseat of the car where my things were neatly stacked. Grabbing one of the lighter boxes with most of my necessities I trudged towards the enormous building, through the door, and straight to the reception.

At the counter, I could see a nicely dressed woman with long wavey chocolate brown hair. Her skin was a beautiful light mocha and her posture screamed elegance. Faltering slightly I slowed down turning to look over my shoulder to see if F/n was close behind so I didn't have to embarrass myself in front of her. Unfortunately for me, F/n was still in the enclosed car trailer pulling on one of her many bags. Sighing I went up to the lady, putting the box I was carrying by my feet so I could focus properly on her. I was wise to put it down because as soon as her almost glowing hazel eyes met mine my whole body froze. She smiled and giggled. I could feel my face heat up and averted my eyes a little. Shuffling around I swallowed and looked at her again "Hello, I'm Y/n L/n and I'm here to r-register my arrival." She smiled brighter "No need to be so formal love, I'm Cordelia Aiken I work here as the receptionist. Luckily for you, you just arrived in time for the dinner buffet." A little confused I tilted my head a little "A Buffet?" Standing Cordelia gestured towards the side showing the restaurant-like cafeteria

"Yes, I saw when I typed you in that you and your friend out there are here as zoologists. That is a weary important job here so this place covers most of your expenses. This includes your meals and living space. As you may know from the letter you received you will have to be available at almost all hours of the day which leaves you almost no free time. However, your apartment does contain a kitchen as well as a living space for you along with a private bathroom and a bedroom. If there are any problems you will be able to contact reception and we will send someone to fix it as soon as we can." Cordelia smiled and gently guided me to a table with a handsome well-built man 'Why are all these people so attractive!?!' She again gestured this time towards the man "This here is Darius Barnell the owner and the only descendant of the founder of Adam's lab" The man gracefully reached for the napkin and dabbed it lightly around his mouth before standing up "Now Cordelia, I appreciate the introduction but I would like to get to know the new recruits" She slightly stiffened then turned to me "I'm so sorry I got a little carried away, I should go find your friend. I'll place your box behind the counter and you could pick it up after your tour." She was about to leave when "No need, I'm right here." Jumping slightly I turned around to see F/n really close to us making me take a startled step back almost bumping into Darius who placed a hand on my shoulder to steady me.

Darius motioned to the table behind us "Care to join me for dinner before I give you the tour?" still a little startled I gazed up at him nodding slightly "That would be lovely." He quickly showed us where the food was and returned to our table. I gently took hold of F/n's hand and walked over to the delicious-smelling food.