Roman Sky

I... I don't want to go, 'Chelle."

Michelle smiled sadly as she fixed her husband's bowtie, "Baby... I know you don't. But it's important. It's the tenth anniversary..."

Tears threatened to fall as Brian took a deep breath. His insides felt like he was on fire. He nodded as he looked around, "Where... Where are my pills?"

Michelle grabbed her purse and took out the bottle of pills. She looked at Brian with big eyes as she handed him two pills, "You have to tell them, Brian. You have to."

The honey eyed man shook his head as he grabbed the water bottle they had by the bed and took the pills, "I've lived my whole life like this and they didn't know. Only Jimmy knew. Just because it's getting worse doesn't mean it will fail, like, right now."

After he took the pills, he put away the bottle and cupped Michelle's face in his hands, "Hey... I love you."

She shook her head as she put her hands over Brian's, "Don't... Don't say it like that."

"Like what?" He murmered softly before he pecked her lips.

She sighed before she spoke up, "You said it as if it's the last time."

A sad smile appeared on the man's face as he shook his head, "But it's not. I promise."

Wrapping his arms around her, she melted into his touch as the couple enjoyed the hug. After all these years of being together, they found happiness even in small gestures like these.

After they pulled back, Brian fixed his coat as he looked at himself in the mirror. He wore a black shirt with a white bowtie. Dress pants hugged his legs tightly and his black coat fit him perfectly. His hair was pulled back into a manbun as a fedora stood on top of his head.

Michelle put her chin on his shoulder as she smiled, "You look amazing... Let's go."

He turned around and kissed her, "If I look amazing, then you're breathtaking, babe."

After they made sure everything they would need was in Michelle's purse, they walked downstairs and after they put their shoes on, they left the house and got into one of their cars.

After good twenty minutes, Brian parked the car in the Good Shepherd cemetery. Once they were out of the vechile, the two walked to where their group of friends were standing.

Zacky was the first one to notice them. He took a few huge steps and wrapped his arms around his best friend, "Hey."

Brian just accepted the gesture, wrapping his arms around his friend's shoulders, "Hey."

They stood like that for a while, then Zacky hugged Michelle and with that, they all walked to the others.

Matt nodded as he wrapped an arm around Brian's shoulders,"How are you?"

The slightly older man just nodded back, they all felt the same way. There was no use of lies.

After they stood and spoke for a while, McKenna parked her car not too far from where they were standing. Getting out, she opened the back doors and took out the flowers. Blue orchids. His favorite.

After she made sure all of them had a flower to give to their best friend, she locked the car and stood by her brother. Her outfit consisted of a tight black dress and a coat over it, her boots went up to her knee and her hair was up on a bun.

Brian smiled at his little sister she tried to return the smile, "Hey. I'm glad you could make it."

She nodded as she breathed out, "Me... Me too. Brent says hi. He wishes you all the best. He wishes he could come, but y'know."