~Chapter 16~ (Noticing)

Soda came up behind me and spun me around out of Johnny's arms.

"Finally!"

He yelled. I giggled.

"Finally what?"

I asked as he set me down. Johnny came up to my side and grabbed my hand.

"I only kissed you to try and push Johnny to finally tell you he likes you I mean even though you were the one that kissed him at least I pushed somebody"

Soda practically exasperated. I giggled then looked at Johnny. He looked shocked.

"So you kissed the girl I liked just because you thought I was to much of a woos to ask her out"

Soda nodded his head at Johnny's statement. I turned to Johnny he shook his head and covered his eyes with his hand. How could he be so adorable. I watched him show his affection to the boys. Cali kept smiling the whole way back to our place. When we got there Cali immediately ran to the phone. One because it was ringing and two because Eli hasn't called her in at least 5 hours. Of course it was Eli when she answered it.

"Hey my little E-Bear"

She said once she knew it was him. Suddenly Pony looked pissed. He walked over to Cali he grabbed her hand that wasn't holding the phone. She spun her up to her feet. She dropped the phone and was looking at him wondering what was going to happen. Suddenly he tugged her face to his and kept kissing her she sat there kissing back. His hands moved to her back as she held his face. I watched her urge for more of his kisses. She looked super pretty today though. She had a navy blue dress on with her red leather jacket. I picked up the phone.

"Hi Eli this is DJ"

"Hey where Cali?"

He asked I rolled my eyes.

"So when are you visiting next?"

I asked he sighed.

"That's why I called I looked at my schedule and it would be another month before I can come"

He tried to break to me. I beard someone giggling on e other side of the line and I knew exactly who it was.I laughed.

"Good because you don't need to come I know your with Sophia I can hear her giggles there not hard to tell out don't show up down here ever your as bad as your brother besides Cali has someone better and worth her time"

I said and hung up the phone. Cali stayed in Pony's arms and giggled at me I shrugged and walked it off. The boys left 15 minutes after the call. Dally wanted Johnny and Pony to go with him to the movies. Dally well got locked up for a day and his stupid girl Sylvia in hat short time two timed him. I was glad they left though. It was the first time in months I had wanted them to just leave my house. I was so angry. Me and Johnny were next to each other on the couch. He was holding my hand giving me those butterflies again like always. Then two bit started picking on us. I guess he saw me and Johnny. I don't know how because all the boys were so engaged in how Pony got jumped the day before.

"So Johnny are you two dating?"

He asked with a smirk. Me and Johnny looked at each other. I didn't know what we were I hoped we were more and I dreaded for his answer.

"Were just friends"

He said letting go of my hand. I was immediately disappointed but I hid it.

"Right D?"

He asked. I nodded. Johnny got up and joined Pony and Dally's card game after that and didn't say anything else to me the whole rest of the night. I was so angry. Then I felt sad. I was know crying just remembering what had happened that hurt me so much. I fell asleep crying. I didn't wake up until I heard the phone ring it was 3:30 in the morning who would be calling. I picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"DJ I need you and Cali down at are place right now"

I heard Darry demand and slam down the phone. I jumped out of bed shaking Cali to wake up. She jumped up. She was wearing pink weta pants and a white sweater. I swear we were to much alike because I had grey sweatpants on and a blue sweater. She didn't hesitate she saw my worried look and we ran to the car. I didn't even wait until she shut her door. I was already pulling out the drive way. Once we were there I ran in Soda and Darry were in tears at the kitchen table. I sat down waiting for Cali to come in.

"I-I hit Pony he-he came home late and I-I hit him, he ran out said he was running away"

"What?!"

I questioned.

"Apparently he fell asleep in the lot and I flipped on him"

He said still on tears.

"It's ok if he is with Johnny he should be okay?"

I said. Darry shook his head.

"But Johnny wasn't with him I don't know where either of them are"

I nodded and let him cry. We didn't say anything else. Darry finally stood up and went to bed to cool off. Cali went to Pony and Sodas room crying to. I stood up and grabbed Sodas hand I pulled him over to the couch where I was in tears now. I snuggled up to him crying into his chest. He turned on Mickey to help me drown out the noise of my light sobs. I knew Johnny was with him it was only a matter of time.

"Soda why did Johnny say we were just friends?"

I asked. He looked at me brushing hair out of my face.

"Johnny just has a hard time letting people in"

He stated I nodded and fell asleep.