5. Follow for follow

A/N: Sorry it took forever, the internet in Italy wasn't cooperating. But I'm home now, so I should be able to post a bit more regularly!

Y/N stares at her phone in surprise; Nick has just commented on Joe's picture with her in it and followed her on Instagram and she's not sure how to feel about it. Even though it has been a long time since they dated and she meant what she said to Kevin and Joe, she did feel insecure for quite some time after the breakup and she's a little scared that those feelings might resurface if she sees Nick again. She knows he has been dating a model recently, though she's not sure if they're still together, and she's scared that seeing him with a woman that beautiful might make her feel that insecure again.

Nick just followed me on Instagram...

She sends the message to Sophie, who she has told how she struggled after her breakup with Nick. Not that a follow on Instagram means she'll be confronted with those feelings again, but she still wants to talk to someone about it and she has gotten so close with Sophie over the course of shooting the movie that it's only natural to seek her out. Sophie is quick to text back.

A follow doesn't mean you have to see him again. You both have busy schedules, you probably won't see him until some award show with loads of other people around

Y/N knows she's right. Promo for the movie will start soon and she's sure Nick has his own projects that will keep him busy, so they probably won't meet anytime soon. Besides, a follow doesn't mean that they're suddenly talking again. She also knows the media could make a big deal out of it if she doesn't follow him back, so she quickly presses the follow button on his profile and likes his latest picture.

She also responds to his comment on Joe's picture, which Nick responds to a bit too quickly in her opinion. She shakes her head at her own thoughts, he was probably just scrolling through Instagram and that's why he responded so fast. There's no way he was waiting for her response. Right?

***

It's been about two weeks since Y/N met up with Joe and Kevin, and since then she has been to a basketball game with Joe and has visited Kevin in New Jersey. It was great to see Danielle again and meet her and Kevin's adorable daughters.

The media has been all over her interactions with the guys. Pictures of her and Joe and the basketball game were all over the internet, and when Kevin posted a picture of her with his daughters. Valentina is still just a baby and the media and fans freaked out when a picture of Y/N holding the little girl cane out.

Nick continued to like her pictures and followed her on twitter as well. Y/N returned the favor, but hadn't given it much more thought. After overthinking Nick's actions at first, she decided to let it go. He was probably just doing it to make sure things wouldn't be too awkward if they met. Besides, she probably won't meet him anytime soon and when she does there will no doubt be plenty of other people around and they will most likely only exchange pleasantries, so there's really no reason for her to spend any more time thinking about it.

Today Y/N and Sophie are doing some promo stuff for the movie; a few interviews and a photo shoot, and luckily all in New York. Y/N is slightly nervous for her first interview in such a long time, and she's glad Sophie will be sitting next to her.

After some questions about the movie, game of thrones and why Y/N decided to get back into acting, the interviewer brings up Joe and Kevin. "So we saw you met up with two of the Jonas Brothers the other day." He says. "Do you guys see each other often?"

Y/N knew the guys would probably be brought up, so she has her answer ready. "Not the last few years, with their careers and my studies, but it's nice to catch up with them. We've been part of each other's lives for so long and when we see each other again it's just like old times."

She means what she says; it really is nice to be in touch with Joe and Kevin again. The interviewer lets the subject go after and Y/N is glad that he didn't ask about Nick, because coming up with a diplomatic answer for that would have been a bit more difficult even with her Disney media training.