Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea

Start from the beginning

"But the powers do exist within each of you and there is a way to unlock your powers on your own. We must go to the temple of light" She continued with a plan.

"Temple of light? What's that?" Nya questioned curiously.

"The gold in the golden weapons was from the golden peaks, but they were forged in the temple of light." Misako explained as she unraveled another scroll "It is a powerful place I thought only existed in legend."

Sensei thought for a moment before asking "It's on the dark island?"

"I think our only choice is to find out" the older woman nodded eagerly.

"So we get our powers back? All right!" Cole exclaimed happily jumping in the air.

"But we still have a big problem" Nya interrupted that thought "The Bounty can't fly."

"It's a ship right? Can't it sail?" Misako asked looking at the blue ninja.

"Silly question, of course it can. Right?" Jay replied and looked to everyone.

"The Pirates that owned this ship before sank." you replied with a shrug "So we'll be fine. Probably."

~~~

You sat on the edge of a small pier dangling your feet over the water. For the past hour you've been watching the ninja scurry about getting the Bounty ready to set sail. Looking down at your hands you noticed that they were fidgeting like crazy.

Looking at everyone on the distant shore you felt that same feeling in your chest as before. A crushing weight in your heart, empty and hollow as you stared with a longing gaze. While everyone is working collectively to set sail you've sat alone.

Every time you offered to help you were shot down as the weight was already lifted by another's assistance. Despite your new resolve to help your friends you can't help but think of yourself as dead weight.

You feel as though you've done nothing of importance to help those around you.

A presence stood behind you looked over seeing Cole stand there before plopping down next to you sighing to himself. "We're gonna head for the dark island soon. The Bounty's ready to sail" the earth ninja told you as he dangled his legs off the pier relaxing for a moment.

"That's good" you replied looking up at the sky spotting some grey clouds forming in the distance "You should head off before a storm picks up."

Cole perked up raising an eyebrow "Huh? You're not coming?" 

"I don't know" you shrugged dully. "I'm sure you guys can handle yourselves over there but Ninjago may still need protection" looking down at your hands you added "I can do what's within my power to protect the people."

"We're all stronger together and you're apart of this team too (Y/n) whether you want to or not" Cole smirked nudging your shoulder "You're more needed than you think. I wouldn't think of going out there without you."

The earth ninja gasped on his own words that escaped his mouth. Tilting your head you leaned forward looking at his face. Cole's expression showed a mixture of confliction and agitation as evident of the rosiness of his face.

Looking up you wondered if the blazing sun was overheating the earth ninja and proceeded to put your arms above him to provide shade.

"What are you doing?" Cole questioned at the proximity as he didn't both moving you away.

"Cooling you down" you replied using one hand to grab a water bottle from your bag holding it out for him. "Heat stroke is nothing to take lightly."