Prologue

Colors of Heartbreak

Prologue

Unedited

"Since you're moving in with me soon, I'll let you decide which one do you like." Came a familiar nasally voice in front of me. Eager to put a face on the voice I put back the sexy underwear on its place and peeked over the rack.

My body froze.

It's Stella Robinson, the financial department head and my husband's boss on the company his working.

"Babe, you know I much prefer you naked and wet for me." His voice came husky, and though his gaze is lazy as it swift over her perfectly proportion body I could visibly see that his fighting hard to rein the raging impulse to possess her and sate the unadulterated lust vibrating through his veins.'This can't be true. He love me, right? He said so himself. So, why I'm seeing this right now?'

My body shook on its own accord.

Chuckling, she looked up at him with a seductive smile that could turn every committed man into a shuddering mess, "I know. But it'll help build the thrill and anticipation before you can lick clean the juices on my cúnt." As she said this, her hand travels from her surgically planted bosom down to her navel until it rests on her crotch.

I swallowed the vile that's​ slowly climbing up in my throat.

'Wake up, Elle! Dammit! This is Brad you're talking about. He can't do this to you.' Something in me recoils and I know, even a part of myself rebels against it, the smarter part of me knew something is wrong that even begging for myself to wake up won't spare me the gory details.

"How about I model them for you then you decide." This snaps me out and brought me back to reality.

I saw her randomly pick a sheer almost see-through negligee on the rack beside them before walking straight inside the large fitting room.

And to think I swallowed my dignity just by walking inside this store, only to witness the greatest betrayal known to mankind.

"Do you love me, Brad?" I whispered​, certain that he won't hear me. But I guess the universe is playing a cruel joke on me because he did.

And when his head shoot up on my direction he staggered backwards like he'd been hit with the realization that the game he'd been playing is finally over. It's checkmate, and I did it, only it felt like I'm the one who loses the game. He visibly pales. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he nervously swallowed the lump that suddenly clogs his throat. But the strong resolve is there, as clear as the day. Probably it was the way he stands like he's ready to defend his other woman if push comes to shove or the steely determination in his eyes.

"Of course!" for a split second the lie heavily suspended on the air, enough for me to hear it loud and clear. I smile softly at them but this time it's different, and we both knew it. Though my lips curved up, on a smile my eyes didn't.

"Do you?" I asked in a small voice almost dead. I'm on those tipping moments of my life were I either fight or run. But then even if I choose to fight I would be fighting a losing battle. He has given up on us even before I could do something. It's too late now, I can already feel the stripping sound of my conference coming off and the creeping sensation of insecurity slithering through my veins.

It was sudden-a jolt maybe. But I knew it. So when the sound of emptiness swift over me, in an instant I heard the cracking of my heart and its agonizingly silent cry.

It's over.

•••

You can now read the edited version of this book on the  GoodNovel APP.
And please, please if you decided to check the new version of Colors of Heartbreak on GoodNovel leave a comment and don't forget to rate my book. Thank you!

Love you guys!