"Subtle segway there, Hest," I muttered sourly.

She grinned cheekily at me as she flicked her dark hair over her shoulder. "I try," she replied. "Now, dish, Lily. Have you been holding out on me? You would have told me if you and James did the dirty flobberworm, right?"

I scrunched up my nose. "'Dirty flobberworm?' Honestly, Hestia!"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm Sirius Black's girlfriend," she offered, as though that explained it all. Sadly, it did.

"There has been no flobberworming," I told her stiffly.

"So still as pure as Dumbledore's white beard?" she asked.

"I'm going to choose not to answer that, perv," I told her.

Truthfully, James and I had talked about it. There had been loads of times when we had considered it, even. Hell, we wanted to. We wanted to badly. Still, the timing wasn't right. Something had always been off. Sirius was there or we had to wake up early the next day or, mortifyingly, I had my period. Frankly, I was not that upset about it. As much as I loved James and as stupefied as his kisses made me feel, I was still apprehensive about the whole thing.

"So what time is it?" I asked suddenly.

"Subtle segway," Hestia quoted me.

"I try harder," I replied back.

Her eyes lit up with laughter. Before she could utter a single inappropriate syllable, I covered her mouth with my hand.

"That's enough out of you, Hestia Jones," I commanded.

"Fine," she pouted. "But it would have been really funny."

"I'm laughing on the inside," I told her dryly.

"It's about seven," Hestia answered finally.

I groaned. "I hate you so much," I informed her.

She stuck her tongue out at me. "You're no fun, Lily," she whined as she fiddled with the edge of my quilt. "Here, I am, trying to make our last morning at Hogwarts special, and you just-"

"Oh, sweet Merlin," I exclaimed as I sat up in my bed. "It's Monday," I realized.

"It's Monday," she repeated momentously.

"AHH!" I screeched shrilly as I tackled her into a hug.

Hestia laughed loudly and then joined me in hysterical rejoicing. We were so jubilant that we did not notice when the door opened and someone entered the room.

"Bloody hell!" a voice exclaimed. "What I wouldn't do for a camera right now. Hestia, love, would you mind bending over just a bit more?"

I rolled my eyes. "Ever heard of knocking, Sirius?" I asked him grumpily.

He flashed an annoyingly bright grin at me. "Then I would have missed out on possibly the best image my humble eyes have ever seen. Have you two considered making a calendar? I know a few Third Years who would probably-"

"Hestia, can you please remove your boyfriend from my bedroom?"

She chuckled as she got off of my bed and sauntered over towards Sirius's nearly salivating-the dog!-face. "But he's so cute," Hestia told me as she pinched his chin for emphasis.

"I'm fairly certain that idea fades by the morning after," I grumbled.

"Ouch, Lily," Sirius laughed as he held his hand to his heart. "You sure know how to wound a bloke. Couldn't find the right side of the bed, y'reckon?"