The man places a gentle hand on his wrist, careful of all the bandages and used his strength to pull stiles arm straight. Stiles tried to fight back but the man was just a wall of muscle, say stronger than stiles could ever dream of being which fuelled his anger more.He felt another prick in his bicep and within seconds lost all the fight within him, collapsing onto the bed and letting tears flow silently from his eyes; accepting his defeat.

He blinked up to the ceiling and the same mans face came into his vision, still clearly trying to speak to him. Stiles felt his hand placed carefully on his shoulder and looked into his beautiful, endless green eyes and relished in the touch of another person for the first time in months. The hand on his shoulder combined with the mans beautiful eyes aswell as the sedative was enough to have him wiped out, dreaming about green eyes and a mop of raven black, soft looking hair.

——————————————

Stiles woke feeling more relaxed than he could remember ever have being. Although the constant ache in his body, he felt fairly well rested and his eyes didn't ache from the constant deprivation. He blinked his eyes open and started at the ceiling, having come to terms with the fact that he was alive and hadn't succeeded in ending himself. He couldn't even do that. He was so fucking pathetic. He couldn't even kill himself properly. No wonder he was such a disappointment.

He tried rolling onto his side but the needles moved causing too much pain. He carried on thought, desperate to just curl up and pretend non of this had happened. He turned away from the door and curled his knees into his chest and cradling his most injured wrist under his chin. He knew he looked small, dangerously small.

Height wise stiles was doing fine. Puberty wise he was too. He was an 18 year old male and had all the features of one, except for the 45lbs of weight he was missing. For his height he should be well over 150lbs at a minimum but he weighted a dangerous 105. He wasn't stupid he knew it was dangerous. That he was playing a deadly game but he just wanted to be skinny. That was all he had asked for but no, people like Jackson felt like giving him a permanent reminder on how fat and disgusting he was.

Just as his thoughts began to spiral more, he heard the door click open behind him and the tapping of shoes. Too lazy to move, he just sat facing away and tucked his head further into the soft pillow.

" hello stiles" a husky voice stated as he heard the man sit in the same seat his father previously had been. Stiles ignored the man, favouring the silence. The man let out a gentle sigh, no frustration or anger behind it though and stiles was glad, he didn't think he could handle any more anger or disappointment.

" I know you're probably really confused and upset right now but I really need to ask you some important questions, if you feel up to it? " the man said hopefully but they just made stiles more upset and it dawned on him that he would just be sent to eichen house and locked up and a crazy man. The thought scared him. A lot. Stiles physically shivered and curled up on himself further.

" stiles honestly it's okay just calm down please, you have nothing to worry about. How about we just talk, talk about something else hey? " the man said but stiles didn't move.

"My names derek, I'm a doctor here and you may not believe it but I genuinely just want to help you" he could hear the gentle smile in his voice and that confused stiles, how could someone so muscly and manly be so seemingly kind and gentle? And Derek? Stiles loved the name, it was odd but it fit the man so much.

Stiles turned his head slightly but not completely, showing he was interested in what Derek was saying.

"So stiles? I'm guessing that's not your real name? Or if it is it's very unique" Derek babbled and stiles allowed himself to smile slightly.

" my real names polish" stiles muttered so so quietly he could barely hear himself, however Derek somehow managed to catch it and hummed to himself.

" polish huh? Got polish ancestors?" Derek asked with what seemed like genuine curiosity.

" on my moms side yea" stiles murmured with that same small smile as he began to turn to face derek.

When he turned, he realised it was the same green eyed man from earlier and his heart fluttered silently but his face gave nothing away. Just because he had turned to face the man didn't mean he trusted him, it didn't mean he was going to just do what Derek said or spill his heart and soul to him. He dropped his eyes to the bed frame in front of his face and tucked his head back into the pillow, snuggling into its warmth slightly.

He let his eyes close gently as he felt Derek's eyes on him and he just relished in the peace of his mind for a short while. Derek didn't move or push him into answering questions, he simply just let stiles relax.

After what seemed like hours but was most likely only about 10 minutes, stiles let his eyes flutter open again to see Derek sat there in the chair, looking at him quizzically. He tried to pull himself into a sitting position but hissed at the throbbing pain within his slashed wrists.

He got about half way before giving up and pulling the thin blanket from his body, to see his bandaged thighs beneath his hospital gown. He inspected them carefully but when he went to pick at the bandages, a hand pulled his back slowly. He turned his head to look at Derek sharply but the look was gone in an instant as Derek gave him a small smile while rubbing the back of his hand.

" it's best if you leave them, I know I sound like I'm nagging but it's in your best interests" Derek said and stiles let his brow furrow. Best interest? How the fuck did Derek knoe what was in his best interest. For all he cares stiles could have been rolled in as a corpse and it would just be another day at work. The lonely feeling struck him in the gut again.

" where's my dad" stiles asked emotionlessly.

Derek's face dropped slightly.
" he came in earlier but only stayed for a short while, he said to tell you he had to get back to the station" Derek sympathised

Stiles scoffed and rolled his eyes, angry at himself for expecting anything more.

" of fucking course"

"Hey well, how about I go get you a drink and we can talk for a little while?" Derek changes the subject.

Stiles simply nodded his head.

"Coffee, tea, soda?"

" black coffee please, no sugar" just because stiles was in hospital didn't mean he was going to consume more calories that necessary.

Derek's smile faultered slightly, almost as if he rea stiles' mind, but he left it be and slowly made his was to the door, giving stiles a final smile before he left stiles alone in the white, empty room.