"Toby? I'm (Y/N)" & Met Him That Day

A/N: So much more proud of the updated chapter two than the old one. I don't think Rosa would set Toby up on a date that soon, there was no mention of the Jeff incident and it was an overall disaster that I'm not sure why I published at all. I'm glad I fixed it. Plus, the whole 'setting Toby and (Y/N) up' would just be far too rushed and leave no space for any actual plot with Rosa, who I really want to include a lot because I'm super proud of her.  (I also promise that Jeff isn't this much of an ass in the rest of my books)
Anyway, ENJOY!

THIRD PERSON POV:

It had been a week since (B/N) cheated on you, and you've not been recovering well. He was such a nice guy!
You weren't upset that you had been betrayed by your love.
You were devastated that you couldn't make him happy enough for you to be the only one he needed.
Either way, you knew you had to move on. You weren't taking him back, as much as you wanted to.
Lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice that you had crashed into someone until you were one the floor.

"H-h-holy crap.. I'm s-so sorry! I r-really need to w-w-watch where I'm going-"
"It's fine, really! It was my fault anyway!"
"Hey Toby, who's this lovely- (Y/N)!? Oh my sweet lord above, are you alright dear?! You aren't hurt, are you? Toby, you clumsy fool! Watch where you're going! Bloody hell..." you looked up to see Rosa scolding a young boy with messy brown hair, pale skin and chocolate brown eyes. He wore a black My Chemical Romance sweater and very ripped, black skinny jeans. A grey belt hung around his waist with the same symbol that Rosa had tattooed on her neck on the buckle. His shoes were black and white Converse that were tied loosely.

Rosa herself wore an outfit with a similar style. A black AC/DC shirt of the cover of their album Black Ice, tight black jeans and a leather jacket. A thick, black choker with a golden pentagram hanging from the front was clasped around her neck and her shoes of choice were black and white checkered Vans.
"Don't worry, Rosa.. I'm fine. And, uh.. sorry for bumping into you..." you apologised, trailing off awkwardly. The boy pulled himself to his feet and offered you a hand up. Rosa shot him a jealous look as you took his hand and he helped you up. A moment later, you felt him twitch. He took note of this and retracted his hand, stowing it behind him.

"Uh... I'm T-Toby.. Toby R-R-Rogers.. I'm guessing you've m-met Rosie?" He stuttered out. You couldn't help but admire how cute he actually was and a light blush crossed your face at the thought.
"Yup! We met in a taxi after my b- ex- y'know what? Nevermind.." You cut yourself off, not up for talking about it.
"Oh.. wait- y-you're that (Y-Y/N)? Rosa talks about y-you all the t-t-time!" Toby exclaimed. Rosa blushed embarrassedly.

"I-I mean... he's not wrong, but... I swear I don't have feelings! Plus, I have a boyfriend!"
"Anime b-b-body pillows don't c-count as b-boyfriends, Rosie." Toby said bluntly. Rosa blushed a deeper red.
"J-Jack isn't an anime boy-"
"Wait, y-you two are- s-s-since when?!"
"Since last night."
"W-wow... thanks for t-t-telling your best friend.." Toby mumbled. Rosa shot him a glare but said nothing more.
"Anyway, we were just taking a trip to the mall for waffles and to visit Hot Topic! I'm so glad I moved from England, dear.. how am I supposed to be edgy if all they have is Tesco?!" Rosa explained, going off on a rant at the end. You chuckled at her and she froze. You could see gears turning in her mind.
"R-R-Rose... what are y-you p-planning..?" Toby asked warily. Rosa smiled widely, her dark blue eyes gleaming excitedly.

"(Y/N), dearest! You should come with us! Perhaps you could get some waffles or coffee with R-Toby over here?"
"Huh?! Rosalie! W-were on an important m-m- I mean... we're b-busy..." Toby tried to protest.
"Then it's settled! Come on, (Y/N)! We're going for waffles and I'm setting you two up!"
"Did you just expose your secret plan to us?"
"Yes, yes I did."
"T-trust me... we can't argue w-w-with Rosa when she's s-set on s-something.." Toby warned you.
"I don't really fancy going on a date with anyone, Rosa." You said, your mind wandering to that date you were meant to meet your ex on.. when he cheated on you...

Speaking of which, it was Valentine's Day tomorrow.
The same day you met that lying bastard.

Well, this was going to be awful.