5) Always.

Surprise 🙂

.Makalynn.

"Where you been?"

"I just went out for ice cream

"I just went out for ice cream." I say sitting my purse down.

"You don't have a car. So who were you with?"

"Baby. You good? How was work?" I walk over to him and can smell the alcohol.

He sighs rubbing his face. "Stressful. I'm just tryna close this last deal and people are starting to pull out."

I take the glass from him and sit on his lap. "Did they say why? Is there anything I can help with?"

He leans into me letting out a deep breath. "No. Thank you though. How was that pool party?"

"It was ok. They started fighting and Mehg kinda ditched me for her boo." I say shaking my head.

"You need a new friend Lynn." He says taking the glass from my hand drinking it.

"No I don't Antonio." I say taking it back from him. "Now stop drinking. You'll figure it out. You've been doing so good."

Tony had given up drinking a year ago after his mother died. She and damn near everyone in his family was an alcoholic. Even the rich aren't safe from that demon.

"Alright Alright." He picks me up and take us to the couch turning on the Tv. "I feel like I haven't been able to relax around you in a while"

He lays his head on my lap and I rub his forehead. "Yea you just kinda come home, have sex, eat and go to sleep. You wanna talk about anything?"

He sighs. I feel my leg get a little wet and I look down to see what I think is tears. "Tony?" I say raising his head up.

"I'm good baby." He says forcing a smile on his face.

"No you're not. Talk to me." I hold his face in my hands and look in his eyes.

"You know I love you right?" He asks almost sounding desperate.

"Yes. Of course and I love you." I say confused on the sudden rush of emotions he's showing.

"Okay. That's all that matters." He says smiling at me. "Ima take you out tomorrow."

"Oh okay." I smile back at him.

"Ima run a bath. Join me when you ready." He says heading towards the bathroom.

I hear my phone vibrate in my purse and go over to see a text from East. Or whatever his name is.

East: I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.

I'd forgotten all about the indecent earlier. I knew I couldn't be mad that he was that blunt about being with another female but for some reason it rubbed me the wrong way.