Airaa's POV

I sat quietly in the corner of my room, analysing everything. I recalled flashbacks of Salman giving me a smack across my face. The burden of my emotions were too heavy. I diverted my mind and looked at the wall clock. Time was sinking with each second as I waited for Salman's call. I tried keeping calm but failed. I fell asleep while crying.

"Assalamu Alaikum, Alaikum yeah!
Assalamu Alaikum, Alaikum yeah!
Assalamu Alaikum, Alaikum yeah!"

i woke up to the sound of the nazam which I had set as a ringtone for my phone. I quickly checked my phone and saw it was Salman. I picked up his call in ecstasy. "Hello, Salman." I said.
"Hey, how are you doing Airaa? I phoned you to apologize for whatever I did. I am really very sorry for hurting you, I know I did you wrong. I know i treated you bad. But, please give me a chance. I will change, I will change for you." he extended.

I longed for him so much that I couldn't resist accepting his apology. "Salman! why did you do this, I was so hurt. I have realised i can't live without you. I want to get married to you as soon as possible." I said whilst blubbering like a child.

"I am sorry Airaa! I just can't bear seeing you with any other guy even if it's your cousin. Airaa, listen to me very carefully! if you love me, you won't talk to Zain ever. You will have to avoid him for me, Airaa." said Salman. "Alright, I can do anything for you. I love you very much! I will avoid Zain for you but please don't get upset with me like this ever again or else I will die." I replied.
we talked for about 2 hours. I said goodbye and I hung up.
                        ___________

I was so lost in Salman's thoughts that I didn't realise it was already six o'clock in the evening. I went directly to the kitchen to cook for dinner. "Hey!" Zain exclaimed. I didn't reply as Salman told me to ignore him, I felt very guilty but I had no other option. I was chopping vegetables on the chopping board. He came beside me and observed me cutting the vegetables. "Do you need any help?" he inquired. "no way Zain! you are my guest, I can't let you do work. Don't be silly!" I exclaimed. I replied to him out of compulsion or else I would feel very guilty if I didn't do so.

ahem! ahem! ahem!
"what's going on in here?". "oh no! this is Salman's voice." I thought to myself.
I turned around and was surprised to see him. I was really terrified thinking about what would happen. "Salman, look at Zain. He's not listening to me, he wants to help me while he is my guest. make him understand Salman, please?" I extended. " you are amazing Zain! you just came and have started all this already. I mean you are a guest here, leave this work. let us men go sit and have a chat out in the open air."

"come on Salman, I was just trying to help her." Zain explained. "She very well knows how to help herself, she doesn't need help. Said Salman .
"Salman this is not fair, we have put the burden of all the work on this girl alone." Zain emphasized.

Salman clenched his teeth, glowered at me and stalked off. "urmm Zain, please go and sit with Salman and don't worry about this I will do it by myself." I stated. "I think you are not comfortable with me." Zain responded. " No there is nothing as such, you are just from travelling a long distance. I just want you to relax." I said. " okay." he nodded and walked out of the kitchen.

Just about after thirty minutes I finished preparing dinner. I went to the dining table and beautifully set it with China wares and silver utensils. I called out for everyone to have dinner. Faatimah, Zain, aunt Sabiha and Salman all came and settled down on the table to eat. Salman looked daggers at me whilst having his food.

"hmmm..... this is perfect! this is the best food I have ever tasted. "Airaa's every thing is perfect, except....." Faatimah said whilst looking at Salman.
"except?" Zain inquired. "no, nothing." she responded.

Salman devoured all his food and walked out of the house angrily. I quickly finished my food too and went after him. I found him standing out in the garden. " are you upset with me?" I inquired. "no, I am not upset with anyone." He replied.  " what have I done, at least tell me what the matter is,  please." I extended. "you haven't done anything.I am mad and that is why I am upset. By the way, what difference does it make to you. Go to your sister, infact just go and give your lovely cousin, Zain some company. he blurted. "Salman, they are my family. I can't leave them. I answered. "No, leave me! and I can see that you give importance to others in front of me to show me your importance." he said. "you think so wrong about me Salman." I said.

i was just about to leave when Salman says " hehe, you came to pacify me and you got upset." "then what should I do Salman! you get upset over little things, it hurts me." I blubbered.

to be continued...

Hey guys! please vote for my book if you like it

Hey guys! please vote for my book if you like it. This Is my first book so If you think it's lacking something, do let me know by commenting!