CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Start from the beginning

"What if something is happening though? What if Dinah's gone into labour and I'm not there to support her?" Eleanor asked, leaning forward in her chair as she put in her head in her hands. She let out a groan before lifting her head up. "Sorry Willa for ignoring you right now."

Willa lifted her head up. "Oh it's fine." She sighed. "I'll just think about what I'm going to do next." She lay her head back down on the backrest of the couch, closing her eyes as she did so.

As Eleanor went up to the man at the receptionist desk to ask if they had a way for her to charge her phone (with the plan to bring up the information that her wife could be giving birth and she wouldn't know as a way to get sympathy points), Hero leaned forward in her chair with a sigh. "Are you sure you're okay, Will? Maybe you could give me Margot's number and I could try call her on a phone elsewhere as my phone is dead. Maybe she might answer the phone to an unknown number and might listen to me once I explain the situation."

Raising her head, Willa considered the option. She went to go grab for her phone in her hoodie pocket but as she did, a voice called out her name. A voice that she swore she was imagining with her mind playing on tricks on her and wanting her to hear what she wanted to hear.

"Willa?" Margot's voice was almost faint, clearly taken aback by the sight of the woman on the couch.

Turning her head to look behind her, Willa's eyes were stuck on Margot as she rose from her seat and circled the couch to stand in front of the Australian. "Margot, oh thank God. I've been trying to figure out how to find you after trying a bunch of fake names at the reception to see if anyone was checked in under those names."

"Find me? Why would you want to find me?" Margot asked, still in a state of surprise. "And what are you doing back in Toronto? I thought you'd gone home."

Willa sighed, reaching out to take hold of Margot's hand. She was surprised by Margot not pulling away from her, allowing her to hold onto it. "I made such a stupid mistake in turning you down and I realize that now. I was such a ball." She said.

"A ball? What the hell is she talking about?" Willa heard Hero ask Eleanor but just ignored how stupid they must think she is.

Although Willa expected Margot to be confused by the statement but she simply just nodded, her eyes already beginning to well up a little. "Yeah, you were such a stupid ball."

"After getting some sense shaken into me, I knew that I want to be with you so so badly, Margot." Willa nervously smiled with a sigh and a small chuckle. "I actually planned out this super long speech on the plane. I even wrote it all down." The hand that wasn't holding onto Margot's reached into her hoodie pocket to pull out her phone. Unlocking it with shaking hands, she tried her best to open up the notes app on her phone as quickly as she could. With a clearing of her throat, she read out what she had written. "Margot, when you emailed me, I saw that as the sign I need to reach out to you again and maybe try to get back together but I ended up talking myself out of it, letting my anxieties get the best of me. Once my friends told me how much of an idiot I was, I knew that I made the biggest mistake of my life, other than saying yes to Max." She heard Margot chuckle but the blonde was also on the brink of tears. "I am so sorry about all of the stupid stuff I've done and I hate that I hurt you. I hope that you can forgive this lame loser lesbian who owns a comic book store in Brooklyn Heights because she really, really wants your forgiveness. And I also hope that despite how stupid I was, I can perhaps have a second chance? Or should I be more aptly asking for a third chance?"

Margot chuckled yet again, wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeve. "Despite how much of an idiot you were, you're not just a lame loser lesbian, Willa. You're just a normal woman who amid all the chaos that comes with being famous, you came into my life at just the right moment and in my career, I need someone normal to keep my feet on the ground and to come home to at the end of the night." She really wanted to kiss her but the fear of being noticed still lingered with her. Instead, she wrapped her arms Willa tightly, knocking the brunette back out of surprise. It took a moment but Willa hugged Margot back, tucking her face into the Australian's shoulder and breathing her in. They probably hugged too long to be perceived as being just friends but Margot didn't entirely care. The longer she spent holding onto Willa, the longer she knew that she was ready to let the world know. She had news for Willa in regards to that topic though and just had to tell her.