Chapter 10: Other side

Start from the beginning

Y/n: This is going to be bloody..*Evil chuckles*

No one's POV.

Everyone's attention were all in Y/n as she starts to dismantling the soldiers with her curse armoured hands. The ground tainted with a thick ravishing liquid of blood while the silent führer is on her killing spree. On the other hand, Mine can't stand to watch the whole gruesome fiasco made by the general herself.

Amaterasu said, she finished all of Esdeath's hunting crew within 3 minutes and only Heron was the person left..alive. He unsheathed his Sword like Teigu and take a battle stance to the general whose slowly taking forward to his stand point.

Y/n: I reserve a good o'l punishment for you so i hope you'll enjoy it..while screaming like hell.

Heron: I-i am not afraid of your stupid Teigu General Y/n! I know your weakness...no, everyone does! So better not showing that traitorous face of yours to the Imperial Capital or you'll be toast as hell!

Y/n: Maybe I have a weakness but the question is, it is strong enough to make me? Remember, a single light from the ashen moonlight can't stop me.

Heron: Heh, let's see about that.

Heron lounges to the general in a quick manner, Y/n raised her hand and she molded a shadow into a sword like Murasame and parry his attack. He continues until he got a perfect spot and do his dirty trick. He aligned his sword vertically and make the reflection of the moonlight hits Y/n's eyes, the general was unable to see Heron's next attack and she receives a hard blow kick on her stomach making her to step backwards and growl in pain..

Heron: See? That works.

Y/n: Nice trick but...are you certain?

Heron: W-what?

The general raised her other arm with a molded huge like claws holding a small bloody heart, Heron look at his body and his eyes widened as he saw a hole on his chest. He coughed blood as he felt the searing pain on his chest before his body dropped lifelessly to the colorful ground. Y/n walked towards his corpse and kneeled down before crushing his heart with her shadowed claw hand and harshly put the squeezed heart back to Heron's holed chest. She didn't even satisfied to that so she punched his head multiple times.

On the other side, Mine's shakily frightened as she heard the loud sounds of cracking bones while the general's busy squishing Heron's head until it becomes a ground meat.

Y/n: What a weakling fool.

Y/n stood up and disperses the shadow weapons on her hands as she shifted back to normal. She walks over to Mine and carry her bridal style.

Mine: H-hey! What do you think you're doing?

Y/n: I am only carrying you to make our escape more faster and trackless.

Mine: Oh. *Blush* W-well, go to the southeast part of the park, the others should be there right now.

Y/n: Acknowledged.

The general ran with a injured damsel on her arms and take the shortest path to the southeast side of the park where they should be gathered as soon as their designated missions has been accomplished. When they arrived, all of them were shocked as they saw Mine's condition and Y/n whose having a blood bath earlier. Akame and Tatsumi rushed on them and see if the two were alright and safe, Leone asks where is Sheele. But before Y/n answered Mine spoke up and tell to the others what happened.

TIMESKIP

On the cold silent night, Y/n is sitting alone in the kitchen with a bottle of sake and a shot glass in front of her. It may not even showing on her but she's blaming herself for Sheele's death. If she was just there, Sheele would be still alive and returned to the base safe and sound.

Akame: Can't sleep?

Y/n slightly tilted her head towards to the door and saw Akame leaning to the door frame and her arms were crossed on her chest. Y/n ignored her presence and pour the shot glass with sake. Akame was used to her ignoring expression so she didn't mind it and grab some sweets and put it on a plate.

Y/n: Eating sweets at midnight isn't a habit of yours.

Akame: Sheele loves these sweets.

By those four words Akame let out, Y/n already knew that it was an offering for Sheele. She did not asked any questions and turn her focus on her sake but then, Tatsumi entered to the kitchen as well with a long winter jacket placed on his shoulders.

Tatsumi: Wha..Akame? Leise? What are you two doing in here? And what's with the sweets, a midnight snack?

Akame and Y/n didn't respond and just make Tatsumi sighed and left once he fetch a glass of water and leave the two behind. Y/n noticed the bottle of sake was now empty and she wanted more so she stood up and grab another batch when Akame stopped her.

Akame: The boss said that you're not allowed to drink sake while not on her watch..well us literally.

Y/n: Don't break my mood.

Akame:....You're blaming yourself on what happened on Sheele, didn't you..

Y/n stopped from grabbing the sake and gaze at Akame's crimsoned eyes with an emotionless look.

Y/n: ....And if I say Yes, is there any effect on you? To them? A calm person like you doesn't give a damn for that.

Akame accidentally dropped the plate to the wooden floor and quickly grab Y/n's collar.

Akame: Calm? Maybe I am because I've witnessed so much death like you do. But this...you don't even have to get used to it! I have to act like everything's okay but on the inside I am not and my emotions were falling apart! You don't even see it because you're totally a goddamn heartless!?

The general was stunned as she saw the vulnerable side of Akame. She didn't even knew that they almost share the same pain of losing someone deeply. Her grip on Y/n's collar is getting tighter by the time passed but Y/n choose not to do anything and let her hear Akame's melancholy with a sympathetic look.

Akame: You always thought that I am calm? You're wrong Y/n! You don't know how much is this for me to take, you can't even tell how painful I am feeling now! I only keep it on myself because I don't...I don't want to be weak in front of my friends! And I don't want to be the c-....

She didn't finished her sentence as Y/n gently hold Akame's head and put her forehead on hers and sighed.

Y/n: You're right. I am a heartless, cold, evil bitch that only cares about the mission and her duty as a failure Soldier. I can't change that fact since those cruel words forged me on what I am right now. But one things for sure, I have also a prim emotion and I can feel everyone's sadness, including yours..

Shocked by the general's small revelation to her, she loosens her grip on her collar and Y/n notices it. She let go of Akame's head and walked out to the kitchen with teary eyes. Y/n saw Tatsumi's running towards the kitchen to check what was the commotion there and an eavesdropping Leone that was leaning on the wall with a smile on her face. She ignored her and went to her own room and silently wiped the tears off of her (E/c) eyes.