"Besides, once a West-Sider, always a West-Sider. We tend to stick together."

She laughs and Sage mutters out a "Finally." I go for the door, but stop as Scarlett speaks again.

"Please tell me Emmy is a girl you're trying to hook up with and not Emmanuel." I don't have to be in the room to know she's absolutely pissed.

Emmy, funny, we were just talking about him.

"Scarlett, he can help."

Help with what? Gabe gets to know and I don't.

"I don't want help from him. I don't want to see him that will just fuel Bennett's fire."

I freeze, Bennett. That's the last name I want to hear coming from her mouth right now. Or ever actually.

"He can help, the Widows don't mess around and you know that."

Sage gasps but I stay tuned into the conversation.

"Bennett isn't stupid enough to use the Widows for me. He can threaten me, which he's already done, but he won't embarrass himself just for revenge."

That's it, I've had enough. Shoving the door open, Sage doesn't try to stop me.

"Who the hell are the Widows?"

"Oh, boy." Sage mutters, pushing past me to sit on the bed.

Scarlett freezes, clearly not expecting to see us anytime soon.

"The Widows are a gang from the West Side, Bennett's uncle is sorta their leader."

I'm sorry, come again?

Feeling my cluelessness, Scarlett begins to explain everything. "That night I broke up with Bennett, Sage beat the shit out of him and the next day I woke up to a black widow waiting for me on the windowsill."

"And you didn't think to tell me?" Gabe demands, obviously insulted beyond measure.

She glares at him, "It was simple. I ignore the West Side and move on and he wouldn't mess with us ever again."

That's not so simple. I remember asking her why she chose to never go back, I know it bothers her more than she cares to admit.

"At the party he told me he was ready to collect and so I freaked out and we all know how that ended." She says before hesitating. "It was fine till... till..."

"Till when, Scarlett?" Gabe demands. If I wasn't so desperate for an answer, I would've slapped him.

"The basketball game that Scotty showed up to and threatened me. He said Bennett wanted revenge for Ashton, Sage, and James beating him up. We got told to watch our backs and I ignored it."

Gabe swears, "Why the fuck would you do that?"

"Because, it's Bennett. He's never done anything like that, he threatens and moves on. He likes scare tactics not actually acting out."

"Well, you were wrong."

"I know that!" She snaps, "Him showing up to threaten me today made it pretty clear he meant it."

My blood runs cold. He was here. In this house. With her. Oh my God.

"He said that the baseball game against Steinborn is when he's going to retaliate." She offers weakly, shrinking into herself.

Sage pales, more terrified of Bennett then he cares to admit. I don't get upset, I get angry. He feels the need to stalk her, threaten her. I'm going to enjoy this game because it's pretty simple, no one messes with my girl.