شیرنانو - ۶

Începe de la început

(Eat less, you'll go from a kid to a dinosaur)

Ayla sent a glare his way, murmuring loud enough for him to hear

"Crocodile ki shakal wala"

(Crocodile-face)

Zaryab chuckled in reply, "it's okay, anything for my favourite sister"

Ayla raised her eyebrows, "Favourite sister, Bhai, you don't have another sister"

"Of course I do, Sheheryar aur Ali kya hain Phir" Zaryab winked

(What else are Ali and Sheheryar)

Farhat Khan shook her head at her children's antics before hugging the two sisters, bidding them farewell with the promise of seeing them soon.

Then, she instructed her eldest son to make sure the sisters got home safe

Ahmed Khan had already left early in the morning to pick Haris Malik from the hospital and help him get settled in his own home.

When they reached, the father son duo enjoyed a cup of the tea with the Malik family before setting out for their own house.

~~~~~~

During the course of the next week Zaryab would often go to the Malik's estate to inquire about Haris Malik's health and was  pleasantly surprised with his progress.

It was Friday of the next week when the Khan family was seated in the drawing room of Haris Malik's house.

The room resonated with loud laughter and chatter, the life was back in Haris Malik's eyes as he chatted with his son in law to be.

The table was adorned with vibrant and beautifully decorated baskets full of gifts for the Malik family.

Zaryab had especially dressed up for the occasion. Adorning white shalwar kameez with silver cuff links, his hair swept back neatly and face clean shaved. The radiance of Noor and joy combined, lit up his face -making him look extremely attractive.

He conversed with his uncle and father over the cup of early afternoon tea, eagerly waiting to catch sight of her.

Adeel's eyes too darted across the room desperately, to catch sight of Ayla. Stood in the corridor between the staircase and drawing room with Sheheryar, leaning across the wall with his arms folded across his chest, he nodded along to what his brother was saying, but his attention was elsewhere. Adeel leaned sideways and tried to look into the kitchen without being noticed.

As he was lost in his attempts, Sheheryar swallowed his smile and cleared his throat, to capture his brothers attention. Upon failing, the younger brother raised his eyebrows amusedly and playfully slapped Adeel's bicep, succeeding in pulling him out of his trance

"Aur bhai, kidhar?" He referred to his brothers attention

(Hmm brother? lost somewhere?)

"Hmmm? Kuch nahi bus aisay hee,"

(Hmm? Nothing, just like that)

Adeel shrugged him off, before clearing his throat and standing up straighter, once again asserting his powerful and dominant stance.

Sheheryar was not moved though, he smiled slyly and pointing his finger in Adeel's direction accusingly he teased,

"Aisay hee? chota zaroor hoon, par sab samajhta huunnn."

(Just like that? I'm the youngest but I understand everything)

Adeel motioned towards his fist, trying to get rid of this nuisance