I was now face to face with her. My crimson gaze revised her from top to bottom, and she did the same. It was a silent stare down, and deep down I knew we were both aware of who I was.

"Well look what we have here.. a little, nosy rat." I let out a scoff , rolling my eyes.

"Well look what we have here, a little traitor" I spat back at her. If looks could kill, she'd be six feet under at this point. Hanako didn't seem too happy with my response, as she stuffed her hand in her pocket only to pull out a very sharp looking syringe . Well fuck. Is she even allowed to have that thing in her pocket ? I sighed, looking rather unimpressed by the threatening object in front of me.

Hanako leaned forwards , sky hues piercing holes right through me. Guess I'm not the only one with deadly looks.

"Look— I'm sure we're both aware I have the upper hand right now. I recommend you don't start anything with that nifty little quirk of yours. Well, not like you could anyways" I held in whatever creative insults concocted in my head. I hated it , but she was right.

"Alright then: answer me this then. Who the fuck was that old hag talking about, hm ? Why should I stay silent ? I can just go back to facepalm and tell him all about your sneaky little double crossing shenanigans" For a split second, I saw insecurity in her expression, though it faded out in an instant. With her free hand, Hanako rubbed her temple. Why me, of all people ?  Why didn't they send yandere knockoff or Nathan ?

Anger ignited every inch of my being. Neither one of us could be around each other without it going to hell. And right now, we were both pressing each other's time bomb,  a certified disaster coming in an avalanche.

"Traitor ? I'm a lot of things , but a traitor isn't one of them. Haven't you thought that your surname is common as fuck ?" I leaned forward , not minding the medical tool being pointed right at my neck.

"Common as fuck ? Sure, let's go with that. But isn't it a little too coincidental that you get asked about it ? You hate me, and I hate you. Isn't it a little too convenient ?" Despite my theory being far fetched, I refused to let go. Sure, it didn't make that much sense, but what else was I going to grasp on? It was too much of a coincidence that they were talking about a girl with my surname.

"You're so fucking self-centered . (y/n) this, (y/n) that ! Not even Nathan shuts the fuck up about you. What makes you think Recovery Girl was talking about you ? Did you fall down a flight of stars yesterday? I don't think so" The syringe needle came dangerously close to my neck. Too close for comfort really. I gulped, backing up against the wall. It didn't make much of a difference in distance , but I was worried about whatever chemical was contained in there.

"Then tell me this . Why did you seem like such a natural nurse ? The old hag seemed awfully smitten with your work. Are you fond of those kids or something ? Oh! I know. You're trying to turn a new leaf . Is that it? It would make sense. After being such a bitch in the past, I can definitely see why it would haunt you to this day. You've been missing reports, and you don't file in as much as before. We are lacking information thanks to you. Hand freak assumes you were in a pinch as you had informed us, but you seem to be doing just peachy."

Hanako took a deep breath. At this point, I was throwing whatever straws I was grasping out there. It didn't make sense to me. I didn't fall anywhere , and it didn't make sense to think the surname was referring to me. But what about her attitude ? She was far too natural to be acting. I know acting when I see it.