Ch 14

Walking out I unceremoniously grabbed Ciars arm and started walking trying to get away from people.

"Where am I to be next." I demanded, my voices lingering in the empty hall.

He started walking, letting my arm drop from his. I followed as he walked down seemingly emptier halls, each one getting darker and dustier as he led me deeper into the castle. The darker it got the more uncomfortable I became. My body began feel stiff and walking became tiring.

"Is this really where I am supposed to be?" I asked slowing my pace to a stop.

"Yes."

"does anyone else know I am here?"

"Yes."

'Who" I gasped

"A few people."

I scoffed leaning against the wall and closing my eyes.

Annoyed he muttered "Vexing child."

I ignored his impertinence response, mostly due to my growing fatigue but also due to him not being worth my time. My eyes remained closed as I waited for him to actually scold me as he always does despite me clearly being above him.

I gasped as my bare arm felt ice cold and opened my eyes to Ciar's face in mine. HIs brows cinched together.

"Come Princess We are nearly there." He said grabbing my arm.

Gasping I said, "I can walk myself."

He remained silent as he led me to a black door with gold details that I could not be bothered to examine. Once there he spoke in what I can only imagine to be his native language before opening the door. He grabbed me and held pushed half threw me through the threshold. Falling to the floor the pain I felt increased and my energy grew. I was left on the floor in excruciating pain.

"What the fuck did you do to me." I choked out

It felt far longer than it was as he sat and watched as my pain slowly faded. Still in great pain I pushed myself into a sitting position as he watched. I sneered at him waiting for him to finish me off.

I scoffed in disgust. "Are you to torture me now."

My heart was pounding as I heard a scraping of a chair and as he walked toward me. He stopped beside me as I waited for him to strike.

rather he walked away toward the other side of the room. "I am not yet done teaching you."

I did not know if he meant that as a threat or a joke and I was far too exhausted to differentiate. I only laughed bitterly gracelessly laying back down. This time he spoke when he came to where I was laying.

"You eat when you finish the work. It is on the table."

I waited until he walked out of the room before laughing hysterically. When my fit was done, I stood clumsily, finding it hard to find my balance. My head was still throbbing, and my muscles remained sore. It was not completely unmanageable. I slowly made my way to the only table in the room.

The room was rectangular, and amazingly bright. The room had no windows and only one chandelier that had crystals that reflected a myriad of colors. The room was filled with shelves of what I can only describe as either artifacts or ritualistic objects. The odd thing was the objects in the glass cased were not the bejeweled or golden ones but instead made of iron or copper. One of the two shorter walls held piles of plain parchment and wooden dowels while the other had stacks of scrolls. The other parts of the walls held tapestries that shifted as you walked. The images depicted appeared to move and they were filled with metalic thread that made it shine in the light. The floor was a bright white with ancient symbols crudely drawn on in a brownish paint.