10) Overexertion!

A/N: Me, again! I've decided to do some text messages between two/more characters, because this is what this world has become. You can change the names of the people included in these conversations/short stories. Hope you enjoy this series!

Remember: Any requests you want to suggest, just comment down below or send me a message. I will try to upload every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. If I can, I will upload on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Bye for now! :)

A.M (✔)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Stop trying to help everyone, Jade. You need to also look after yourself." He shouts at me, when I still had to juggle a few tasks: Macy's editing, because she and Simon are spending some time together; Simon's date plan needs someone to clean it up and it was my idea; C's chores because he fell asleep and I didn't want to wake him up; Maya's aesthetic photos need printing and then sizing and laminating; Luna's karaoke mix, that she wanted me to add some final touches on for Maya's birthday, because I was better at tech; the fees are overdue too, I still need to pay; Erin needed me to try a few dresses, because she wanted to buy me a dress for Maya's birthday; help Ivan find something Maya would love for her birthday, it has to be unique; I need to buy a camera for Maya to use, since her soon to be old one isn't working anymore; I need to celebrate the first time I met my older brothers and the others, besides my twin and Macy; Josh is staying over in a bit, I need to make sure the guestroom is spare, because Alec is sleeping in his bed, but I don't think Josh could join him, without waking him up; I need to also make her a video full of memories and I need to sort out the few things I left over at the Carter's. 

"I'm fine." A lie.

"No, you're not!" He storms towards me, and pulls me into a tight hug.

"You're overexerting yourself. I don't like seeing you like this, I love you too much to see you go into that abyss again."

"I love you, too. I'm fine and you don't need to worry about me." More lies.

"Yes, I do. Have you looked in the mirror lately? This isn't my Jade, this is a clone version of her. I want you back, not this you. Not the you, that always has work and chores as your first priority. This may seem stupid, but I can't go to sleep at night. The reason is because I know you're up, not sleeping. You're up helping everyone but yourself. If you want to help me, please look after yourself." I finally cry in his arms, as he cradles me.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I nod my head, my eyes wet with tears trailing down to my cheeks.

"You deserve to know." He nods his head, telling me to carry on. "I had a nightmare about him and I can't go to sleep without... without thinking about what he did."

"Come here!" He pats his bed for me and I sit down confused. 

"Lay down with me!" I do as he says and he wraps his arms around me.

"What are you doing?" I look into his eyes, which are full with adoration.

"Helping you sleep." With that, he combs my hair with his fingers. The sensational feeling building in me intensifies, as I close my eyes. I breathe into Alex's sweatshirt, which smells like him, and find comfort in it.

After a few minutes, my shoulders feel lighter and I feel less tense. My breathing seems to steady and I get pulled into the dark embrace.

The only thing I had was dreams about was Alex and I was elated once again.