Chapter 6: You have a choice

Start from the beginning

Talon looks down at the regenerating Talon, true it would be nice to live forever but he finds it no fun if he can only achieve such a gift for only a day before his body starts to break down on itself

"Immortality." He said. "But only 24 hours at a time." He added.

The lieutenant looks at him, "It certainly beats the alternative." He proclaimed.

"And when these indestructible warriors rise, you will be their general and lead them in a war on Gotham that will reclaim this city for the Court." He added proudly.

"After I undergo the ritual that will make me like them." He stated.

The lieutenant smirks behind his mask. "You'll die, yes. But you'll be reborn as something miraculous."

Talon rolls his eyes "One man's miracle is another man's damnation." He objected.

That sentence made the owl lieutenant angry.

How dare this mere solider talk that way about the Court! And after all they did for him. "We've trained you since you were a child!" he gets in the soldiers face "Lifted you out of the gutter and you dare to..."

Before he could finish his sentence, the Grandmaster walks over and gets in between them "Not a soulless thing, Talon. A god." He said to him.

"A great destiny awaits you and I know you will willing embrace it." He added.

Talon lightly bows his head "If that's what the Grandmaster wants."

With that the Grandmaster and his high-ranking members took their leave.

Meanwhile Talon looks at one of the other Talons in the pod before taking his leave and deciding to head back to Robin before he starts to get suspicious.

Meanwhile at Wayne Manor...
Inside Damien's room, Ruby was sleeping peacefully.

But that peacefulness was ruined by Bruce slamming the door open.

The young huntress screams in shock and quickly grabs the knife that Damien keeps hidden under his pillow and threw it.

Lucky enough Bruce saw the light bounce of the blade and managed to ducked in the nick of time.

He looks at the knife in shock "Why do you have a knife?" he asked.

Ruby looks at him annoyed and squints her eyes at him. "I'm in Damien's room, do you really find it surprising that there's a knife in here?"

"Fair enough."

"Now do you know where Damien went?" he asked.

"No. he'll come back-"

Bruce cuts her off and says, "I don't have time to wait for him to come back. I was just kidnapped."

Ruby looks at him in shock. "Explain."

"While trying to make it to my date with Samantha, I was attacked on the road and then kidnapped by a secret organization known as the Court of Owls. They wanted me to join their ranks." He answered.

"Furthermore, they wanted to take control over Gotham, and the only way to ensure that this happens is that they have to get rid of Batman and what do you think that implies?"

Ruby looks at him confused then she gasped when she realized what he meant. "Damien!" She grabs her scroll and immediately starts to track him.

She sighs when she sees that the tracking device was still moving. "He's still moving." She stated.

"I thought he got rid of the tracker?"

"Oh, he did. But when he left tonight, I put another tracker on him just in case." She answered as she gets out of bed.