2.

It's the Homecoming Dance tonight. I'm scared. All the other girls are going to be wearing dresses and dancing with their friends. But I know I'm going to be sitting on the edge, given pitiful looks and sneers. Maybe just maybe, someone else will be on the side too. And maybe, they might come to me and ask to dance. But I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.

"Come on Eileen," The music playing is amazing. As I had thought, their is absolutely no one else on the side lines. But one thing lifts my spirits. Two people, I'm pretty sure their brother and sister, are dancing as randomly as they can. It's amazing. The best part is, they don't care if anyone's watching or laughing. They are just living in the moment and having fun.
"Come on, my little loo rye ay," As the song slows down I walk towards the two. If they can be themselves then I might as well try. Once I reach them, they smile and grab my hands. We spin around together like little kids playing 'Ring a ring a Rosie.' I start laughing as the song speeds up and we all break apart to do our funny dance moves.
"I'm Sophie! This here is Pete!"
"Hi! I'm Christine!''
"We're going to Kings later! You wanna come?" I nod my head happily, while they smile at me. I think I just made some friends.