𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 / 🍀

Zack PoV

"Eh? What is this place? Looks like a serial killer's house."

(N/N) gave me a look.

"Are you kidding? It's not mine."

She sighs, "Look, I'll search this place to see if there is anything helpful. You... You do whatever. Just don't do anything stupid... Never mind I take that back... you're always into trouble." With that she walks away.

✧ ~ the author was lazy cuz it was 1:38 in the morning.

"Alright, all I've found was a note, and clothes."

"What does the note say?"

"Uh... it says, 'If you're reading this, you're probably trying to escape Bainbridge. If so you need clothes, and a flashlight. Escaping isn't so easy.' That's all."

"Useless piece of crap. We came here for nothing!"

We continued the walk. And a question popped in my mind.

"Hey, (N/N)."

"Yeah?"

"How'd you end up in jail?"

"The cops caught me dragging my father's body outside... I know. Dumb."

"HA!"

"Quiet!"

"That's really stupid, I admit. But, not stupid enough to not escape jail."

"Yeah. Whatever."

"You know what? I think we're a good team. With my skills and you. A nerd."

"I'm not a nerd! I just... have common sense unlike you! You wouldn't know what the fuck you're doing if you were all alone out in the forest! I can guarantee that much! You only know how to kill."

"Shut up..."

. . .

A week and a half passes. Been sleeping on tree trunks, getting attacked by animals. But we did see a highway... Didn't follow it because it was useless to us. Still not seeing another city or town. I feel like we're going around in circles. But if that was the case, we would've seen cops.

(Y/N) has been... helpful. In someways.

"Zack! Where's the food?!"

"What do you mean? In the bag."

"Yeah but... we had 2 months worth of food! Now we have 3 weeks worth of food in here..."

"Oh... I guess I ate them all."

Right away she smacks me with the bags, "Idiot! We needed that!"

Yeah... I would've been dead already.

"Wait. I hear something." She says.

I prepare my scythe in front of me.

"I hear footsteps." (N/N) creeps beside me.

"Hey, there." An old man says.

"D-uhh..."

"What the hell?" I say.

✧ ~

Apparently, he was just "going for a hike" and exploring the woods. He took us pass a highway to a motel (cough). He said he works there, blah blah blah. He also said that the next city is somewhere in the east blah blah blah... other useless advice.

"Well that man was nice to let us stay for free. Although, he acts strange."

"Yeah sure."

"But familiar."

"I'm not sure I don't get you."

"He acts lifeless like the people in Bainbridge... don't you think that's kind of weird."

"I guess."

We reach our rooms and settle down. It feels good to relax. Sleeping on tree trunks for the past days. The only problem was me eating all the food.

I head to the bedroom to place all of our supplies in one place. It's hot as hell in here so I take off my hoodie and set it on the bed. Just as I did that (N/N) walked in.

"Oh, h-hey." She stammered.

"Yo."

"Umm..."

"What?"

"I've been meaning to ask this... but, why do you wear bandages?"

🍀
haha... saw that coming right? sorry if this chapter seems rushed I don't want to create a book that's only dialogue and is 15+ chapters long. This is my first fanfic book so. Yeah.