Chapter 20

I was so nervous about my meeting with the King and Queen that even a shower with Detsy and Grace couldn't distract me.

The thoughts running around my head wouldn't stop. What if Grace's parents didn't like me? What if I accidentally messed up or insulted them? Would I be imprisoned or worse, banished?

Despite multiple people informing me that the King and Queen were quite lovable, it did nothing to help calm my mind.

I eventually felt a smack on my rear end and abruptly pulled myself out of my thoughts to concentrate on Detsy who wanted my attention.

"Welcome back to us Eva." Detsy said just a little dryly. "Now that we finally have your attention again, let's get out of the shower and get you dressed." I hadn't realized that Grace and Detsy had been trying to get my attention before as I was consumed by my fears.

I silently followed my two mates out of the shower, dried myself and went with them to pick out some clothes.

After what felt like hours but was probably only ten minutes, Detsy and Grace had convinced me to wear a black dress with silver highlights that made my eyes and hair really stand out.

"I really love it." Grace said after looking me up and down quite closely. Detsy quickly agreed with her mate as she had a hungry look in her eyes.

Grace chuckled at Detsy before offering me one arm and Detsy the other. "Shall we get going then?"

I didn't grab Grace's arm as my fear took over completely and rooted me to the spot. One look at me had Detsy's expression changed to a look of concern as she took the two steps back to be right beside me.

"You're as white as a ghost Eva, are you ok?" Detsy asked in concern. I simply shook my head at her in reply before trying to talk.

"W-what if they don't like me? What if I mess up and get banished from the werewolf kingdom?" I managed to mumble. If it weren't for the superior hearing that werewolves possessed then my mates wouldn't have been able to hear me at all.

"Well first off I don't think my parents actually have the power to do that to you as you're my mate." Grace said as she also stepped over to me and embraced me in a hug at the same time Detsy did. "Secondly, the only person who my parents have ever hated was Prince Rodney who murdered his own brother as well as his two mates in an attempt to claim the throne. Effectively ending the era of the royals keeping the peace with their unique abilities."

"Besides," Detsy said. "They've already heard all about you and love you already." I raised my eyebrow at Detsy but didn't say anything as I drew strength from the contact with both of my mates.

"Thank you." I said to the two women embracing me. "I'm ok now, I promise."

Detsy pulled back a little to study my face but didn't remove her arms from around me. She gave Grace a quick nod when she was satisfied that a healthy color had returned to my cheeks and they both proceeded to link one of their arms in mine.

I had only known that I had mates for four days and most of that time was spent away from them, but I already didn't know what I would do without them.

The three of us left our room and made our way down to the second floor. Apparently Alpha Leyton had surrendered his office to the Royals when they needed to use it and he conducted his business in a sitting room down the hall instead.

As we approached the familiar wooden door of Alpha Leyton's office I heard voices from inside.

"The attacks have increased dramatically in the last two months sire." A male voice I didn't recognize said. "The wolves are being smarter than should be possible with the way they're disguising their scents. They're attacking anywhere that houses pups that haven't had their first shift yet."