"Think. You have seen this same look in the eyes of people before. "

"But that was before the curse! and-" they both realized something. What Jasmine was indicating towards was in fact true. He had seen this look in the eyes of people before. Which would mean there is something not right.

They both sat down on the bed facing each other, going through each and everything there was to but yet they had no luck. They had gone over the incantations and the procedure but there was nothing wrong with it, it was perfect, there were no errors. They went over the documents related to the elder and his family but they were clean as well.  By now it was late, the moon was high up in the sky, it was a full moon night so the moonlight made it easier for them to see everything. By this time everyone had gone off to their tent and off to sleep, the only ones awake were guards who were guarding the whole surrounding of both of the tribe.

Ardeth walked Jasmine back to her tent, they decided to talk about random things, they knew even here, it's not safe to talk about such topics, so they decided to keep it simple talking about what they plan to do the next day, to which both knew that Jasmine had to leave tomorrow but they decided to leave that particular part left unspoken. Ardeth didn't feel like letting her go, they have just gotten closer and now soon they have to part. They continued to walk towards her tent, once they got there, she invited him in, which he accepted.  Ardeth walked into the tent looking around, making sure there is everything was there for her comfortable stay. While he was checking everything, Jasmine removed her accessories and placed them in a box that was placed there, brushing her hair making sure nothing was stuck in it during the fight only to find her hair got stuck with the head jewellery that was placed there.

Ardeth, for some time, was amused to see, a girl who can fight off thousands of years old mummy, deal with fight till death challenges and still come out of it calmly, struggle and get frustrated over this tiny piece of jewellery. He walked towards her, makes her sit in front of the dresser while he carefully untangled strands of hair out of the jewellery. She sighed and removed her weapons that she kept hidden on her. Ardeth paused once he saw the sacred dagger, he memories flashed back to the first time he saw the dagger together at once and it sure brought back some memories of his past life, yet he was not able to remember everything about that time, there were bits and pieces missing from the memories but seeing that it certainly cleared the issue there were now facing. They thought with Imoteph sealed away the curse he placed on Hatshepsut would be gone from Jasmine as well but there must be some blanks that must have messed up their situation. Jasmine was sure that the curse on Hatshepsut was now broken yet there was something missing in this situation.

Jasmine was certainly missing her lost comrades, they always had a way for her, not always a solution but they always helped her find her way to the solution. They somehow always had an idea on how to help her in one way or the other, she had tried to honour their loss with being brave and strong but she truly missed them. Ardeth cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears away, she leaned into him, appreciating the comfort that gave her. She relished the warmth before Ardeth moved away, telling her it's getting late and that she should go to rest. Ardeth moved out so Jasmine could change into more comfortable wear for the night, it was a simple white coloured long upper wear with loose sleeves and a loose fit, the bottom was flowy as well. She braided her hair into a simple braid that reached her waist and few rouge pieces of hair which seemed to have escaped the braid now rested on the side of the face.

Once she was changed and ready to settle for the night, she called in Ardeth to wish him the night, she expected him to go back after that but instead, he walked towards her and picked her up, walking towards her bed and carefully placed her on it and after making sure she was comfortable enough he kissed her forehead softly wishing her goodnight. Jasmine blushed as she remembered the night they had met, he did the same thing.  Jasmine smiled and kissed his cheek wishing him goodnight again and then settling into the bed. Ardeth chuckled as he caressed her hair before moving out of her tent, securing it carefully so no one could enter it. He checked around the tent a few times before he stood near its entrance, looking at the moon, it was looking very beautiful tonight, more than usual or maybe it was just him.

Looking at the moon, something clicked, it was not just Pharoah Hatshepsut who was cursed but it was her medjai as well. The curse was placed on both of them. Pharoah Hatshepsut tricked them into cursing her in a way that would bond their curses and life. They didn't use his blood, they would have needed not just jasmine but Ardeth's blood too, to break the curse. But there was something more, Ardeth remembers another sword that pierced Hatshepsut's Medjai in that life. This curse was far from over. The curse seemed to run deeper than they thought. All this time they just thought of the curse given to Hatshepsut but the curse was given to her was the same as the medjais'. The curse would do anything to prevent them from becoming one. He'd die before he let Jasmine get hurt again but moreover, he'll kill anyone who would try to take her away. They belong with each other, no matter what and they will surely find out who is the last ring, in this chain of curses.

That was the night they both knew that what they thought was their past was just a mere glimpse, they were yet to discover the truth and till they do, one thing was for sure. Their past life seemed to be darker than what they know. With not one but two curses that are stopping them from being with each other, he would do anything to protect Jasmine but he has no idea how to deal with this situation

.....yet.

He looked towards the direction of the tent where the elder currently is and glanced back towards Jasmine's tent, hoping that he won't do something everyone will regret but protecting his princess was the only thing that mattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey Everyone! Thank you for being patient with me.

Random Fact: According to Wikipedia, Elephants have over 100,000 muscles in their trunk.

Random Fact about me: I have a friend who is obsessed with over Elephants like I'm over butterflies.

Vote, Comment and Follow

Love,

Unwritten_Angel