Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

Present

Nelly

Let me dress you.

Those four simple words echoed in my brain as I watched Elijah slowly crouching down on one knee before me. I tried hard to control my heart that was hammering against my rib cage uncontrollably fast. His pricing hazel eyes never left mine as his fingers traced the outline of my foot until his warm hand wrapped around my ankle, softly and with light pressure. He tilted his head and I held the dagger tighter before I let my body relax under his touch.

I was thankful for the wall behind me that was holding me upright, I didn't even want to think about what would happen to me if I didn't have support.

Elijah lifted my leg and placed my foot on his knee. My breath hitched as he strangely took his sweet time to caress my skin, his thumb moving in a circular motion on the side of my ankle. I hated how good it felt. He brought the panties into visible sight and inched it close to my foot. "Lift." He ordered and like a dumb girl I am, I obeyed.

He withdrew my foot back on the floor and urged me to lift my other foot. I did because God knows I wanted to wear panties. To wear something. But I never imagined he would be the one putting them on me. My thoughts corrupted when a dark desire waved its way up my body, going straight to my core that felt no shame at all. Elijah's fingers followed the pantie up my legs, as he rose up on his feet, inch by inch. The room felt suddenly hot, intense electricity sparked through the walls and I felt like the big room was slowly moving and changing into a smaller size. I felt trapped in a hot mess. Only this time, he was trapped with me. Sweat tickled on the corners of my temples, and I forced myself to breathe.

His hands disappeared under the towel, creating fire on its path and I couldn't do anything but stare into his autumn eyes that were now on the same level as mine. The closer his hands came to my hips, the tighter my stomach felt. Finally, I felt the waistband on the lace pantie go over my ass, to my hips and I was safely intact. Yet, his fingers didn't disappear.

I brought my dagger up and managed to rasp out. "Move your hands." Before I let you do something more. My thought disgusted me.

His eyes tingled and he inched closer. "Where do you want me to move them?" He whispered like a dirty little secret was shared between us. It wasn't a secret but it was dirty for sure. My eyes widen in shock when he dared to move his fingers close to my core. "Here or..." his other hand went to my ass. "Here?" He inched his face even closer, our nose touching once again. "Or both?"

Since when did Elijah learn to dirty talk?

The tight grip around the dagger almost made me believe that I could rip it into two pieces because all these strange emotions that were vibrating through me made it possible to do the unthinkable. Desire. Anger. Two mixed emotions that didn't go hand in hand.

I gritted my teeth and cursed my desire. "Move your hands away or I will cut your fingers one by one, Elijah."

He immediately withdrew from me, taking two steps back and held his hands up in defeat. He wiggled his fingers and smiled at me. "I rather keep my fingers. They are very important to me." The bastard even had the audacity to wink at me. "We both know what they are capable of."

I didn't know if he was hinting at his job as a jewelry maker or...dirty things he could do behind the walls. Perhaps both.

"And we both know at this point I wouldn't care."

His eyes beamed, as if he found a new challenge, though it disappeared as he turned away from me and walked toward the bed where the untouched dress was laid. Gently he picked it up, holding it out until the full length of the dress was on full display. It truly was beautiful.