5

Have you guys noticed that I love khai dreams yet.. HMM. His songs just really inspire me to write this story, for some reason.

I kind of gave up on keeping things in the "correct" POV, sooo... please just forgive and bear with me.

This part is from Zak's perspective.

-

A few days had passed after that incident, and every day when I woke up I would receive a dozen missed calls from Darryl.

I haven't answered his calls at all since that day. Maybe it was about time that I gave him a response.

After staring at the silly name I saved for him on my phone, I finally mustered up enough courage to at least pick up the call.

I dragged my shaking finger across the screen.

"Zak? Oh, thank goodness. It's been four days."

I could hear the sudden gush of relief in Darryl's voice.

"Yeah, what's up?" I answered, trying to act as if nothing had happened recently.

"I just wanted to check up on you. You're... okay, right?"

"I'm fine, thanks. Is that all you wanted to ask?"

"Wait! I wanted to talk to you."

I wasn't even prepared to speak to him. What did he want from me?

"Could we not do this over the phone?"

My tone was painfully bitter. I only realized it when I sensed him lose his patience. But, being the sweetheart that he was, Darryl still tried his best to keep his composure after I showed my attitude to him.

"I've been calling you for days, and this was the only time you picked up. How else would you have wanted me to get to you?"

"I never asked. I also didn't say that I wanted to talk to you in the first place."

The silence hung in the air after my distasteful response.

"...Zak, do you hate me?" He asked in an awfully vulnerable manner.

It must've been because of the way I spoke and my overreaction the last time, but my eyes widened at the thought of myself ever hating Darryl.

"Why would I?" I said immediately.

I still cherished him. I would never want to hurt him.

But it sounded like he couldn't hear me - my line was probably cut off.

"I couldn't sleep well at all since the day you left. I don't know, I just kept thinking- what would happen if we never met? It kept me up for hours. You mean a lot to me, Zak. I'm serious. I've thought it over multiple times."

I could somehow hear his muffled sniffling over the phone.

"And to be frank, I…"

His voice grew faint.

"Zak..? I don't want to lose you just like this. Please don't hate me."

-

Oh no. How was I supposed to respond to that? He got it all wrong. I even made him cry about it. I wanted to hit myself so badly.

Uhh... How do I make him feel better..? How do I fix this? How do I-

"I fucking love you."

What the heck was I saying? I wasn't even thinking.

"I love you, stupid! I don't hate you and I never will!" I shouted into my phone again.

"...Why?"

My heart was beating like crazy.

"What do you mean why? I just do."

-

Next part will be up soon. I deeply apologise for the excessive use of cliffhangers, please don't kill me... I'm just too lazy to write everything in one go, and it's actually super hard to write for me ;=;

(Also bc if I don't post then I'll never post, but that's on me though)