Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keeping Up With the Supernaturals

Start from the beginning

Oh dear lord, this was going to be another episode of Keeping Up With the Supernaturals. Damn it. And to think I could be plotting against a serial killer right now. Christmas passed me up this year. 

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier." Replied Damon with a playful wink at Elijah, who didn't look at all amused by anyone here. 

Shrugging, Klaus looked at his brother with a smile before looking back at Damon smugly. "Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through."

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right?" Stefan asked. I stiffened and looked down, pushing my food about sadly, "Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." 

Narrowing his eyes, Klaus smirked at Damon, "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah." 

I was missing Serial Killer plotting for this? "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert." Damon admonished his brother. 

Scowling, Stefan looked at Damon angrily, "We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses,"

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself." 

At that, my eyes narrowed. They were plotting something. 

Everyone was plotting something these days. 

"So, Europa, what do you do for work that you wear a suit?" Elijah asked, redirecting the conversation. 

Looking up, I smiled happily, "I'm a designer for NASA. I work on designing the rockets and stuff like that." 

At my answer, Elijah looked impressed, "Incredible, how old are you, if I may be so bold, you don't look above the age of thirty." 

I didn't end up answering the question, Klaus beat me to it. "She's twenty-two. Working on her doctorate right now, aren't you love?" 

"Yeah, up at MIT. I've taken a break so I can take care of Jeremy and Elena for the time being. As their guardian." 

The room went silent. "I'm sorry for your loss," Elijah said awkwardly as we all recalled why I was my siblings' guardian in the first place. 

I cleared my throat and shrugged, "It's fine. Wouldn't be the first time I lost a parental figure. What did everyone do today?" 

"Plot," Klaus answered. 

Stefan and Damon shrugged, "Hid a coffin." 

"Freshened up after being in a coffin." 

Why did I ask that question? 

Klaus saved me and turned the conversation to Stefan, "Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?" 

Stefan's face went blank and he looked at his brother, "I don't know. Ask Damon." 

Elijah and I had similar faces of confusion. I mean, I get why Damon would know more than Stefan, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Klaus laughed at his brother's confused look, "I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise." 

"What happened with Elena and Damon?" I asked, carefully reigning in the protective big sister.

When neither Salvatore answered me, Klaus grinned, "They kissed, Darling." 

Before I could react, Stefan glared at Klaus, "One more word about Elena and this dinner's over."

Looking around awkwardly but furiously avoiding my gaze, Damon chuckled nervously. "You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile."