♡ trente-trois ♡

Start from the beginning

"I didn't sleep well. Jacob's not sleeping though, he's getting my ring. I left it on the nightstand by mistake." Tommy nodded knowingly, "As expensive as it was I wouldn't ever take it off I don't think." That caught Troye's attention immediately, his brow furrowing, "How expensive was it?" "You didn't know?" Tommy asked in surprise. "He paid like £5 million for it!" Troye spluttered in surprise, looking to the stairs for signs of Jacob's return,

"No I... I didn't know that." Tommy didn't get a chance to respond, as Jacob came back down the stairs then with a pair of sweats and a jumper in one hand and Troye's ring cradled delicately in the other. Wordlessly, he draped Troye's clothes over the back of the chair the boy sat in and carefully grabbed Troye's hand to slip the ring back down to Troye's knuckle. The man himself had changed into tight jeans and a tight black shirt, much different from the loose clothing he had been wearing at the hospital. He sank into the chair next to Troye's and gave Tommy a slight smile, "Good morning." "Morning," Tommy returned the greeting, and Troye looked down at the ring on his finger.

£5 million was an unbelievable amount, Troye was certain that he himself wasn't even worth ten quid much less £5 million. He almost wanted to tell Jacob to take it back, to get him something that he could actually attempt to work up to. He felt as if he didn't at all deserve £5 million. "Pet, are you alright?" Jacob asked quietly. The man seemed a tad upset, and Troye figured that Jacob was just feeling stressed from being separated from their babies too. Troye nodded tightly in response. "Um... we're going to eat some oatmeal, and then we can go see the babies, right?" "Yes, I contacted my business partners and told them I was still going to be taking a few days off. Both the CPS and Nick Grimshaw have been quiet. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I know that the media knows we're home-"

"They don't know where our babies are at, right?!" Troye's heart was suddenly in his throat at the thought of paps swarming the front of the hospital when their babies were allowed to leave. Paps had almost made him lose his baby girl in the first place. If they got in his way again, he wouldn't hesitate to break Jacob's rule of not paying any attention to them, and he'd beat the shit out of them, sore stomach and all. "They don't know," Jacob assured quickly. Luke eventually joined them, striking up a conversation with Jacob and asking to see the baby pictures on the man's phone again. Troye longed to see his babies in person, so the moment their food was brought out to them, he was scarfing it down before it was even cooled. Jacob didn't eat much himself, but he kept close watch on Troye. When Troye gently pushed his bowl away, prepared to wait for Jacob to finish, the Dom was already watching him. "Going to the hospital?" Luke asked, leaning and placing a gentle kiss to Tommy's temple. Tommy squirmed under his Dom's arm happily. "Yes..." Jacob nodded, looking at Troye's bowl.

"Are you full?" In response, Troye carefully scooted his chair back to grab his clothes off the back of it, "Yes... I'll change and then we can go to the hospital?" "Okay, pet," Jacob said in agreement, his eyes studying Troye's face. Something was so off about the man, and Troye couldn't place it. Of course, their babies were something off, but there was something else. It almost seemed as if Jacob was worrying about Troye. Troye changed in in their bathroom upstairs so he could brush his teeth too, having a bit of difficulty with making the jumper fit comfortably on his stitches. He wasn't stretched round anymore, but he still had a bit of a tummy that made the loose fabric a bit snug in his incision region.

Jacob was already outside waiting by the time Troye opened the door leading out of the bedroom, and he blinked in surprise "S-Jacob," he had to grab the Dom's arm to steady himself. "I didn't expect you to be there." "Wanted to make sure you were alright," Jacob explained quietly, smoothing down Troye's hair with hesitant touches. "Does getting dressed on your own hurt you or are you okay with it?" "It's a tiny strain but it's not awful," Troye insisted. "I can do it, you don't have to be bothered with it."