"Elle, that's amazing. I've never seen fire that shade of blue before."

"Turquoise. It's turquoise. His skin was that shade of blue. 'The Turquoise Prince' is what they called him." She said, seeming as if she was reminiscing about something. Steve seemed lost in thought as he stared at the snake hiding in her sleeve.

"It seems like it's shy." Elenara lifted her arm up and looked into the arm of her coat.

"It's okay Xiuhcoatl." She said with a sweet smile, trying to relax the reptile. "I'd never thought he'd be so shy." Elenara admitted with a chuckle.

"So does this mean you're the Turquoise Princess?" He inquired from her earlier statement with a smile. Elena slightly cringed and shook her head.

"I don't know what I am. I don't think it's right to call myself a god or a princess." She answered truthfully. "I'm not even sure if I'm human." Elenara furrowed her eyebrows once she began to realize the reality of the situation.

"I know." Steve told her with confidence. "You're Elenara Citlalmina Aaron-Reyes. This," He gestured at her hands that held fire a few moments ago. "This doesn't change everything. Yes, it changes a few things. But that doesn't mean you're anything or anyone different. You're still the same Elle." Tears glossed her eyes. The feeling in her chest grew.

Her feelings for him.

"I hope everyone else will think that same." Steve opened his mouth.

I love you

Those three damn words failed yet again to come out. It wasn't as easy to say as he thought.

Steve spotted the radio and held it in his lap. He flipped a small black switch to turn it on. Her ears immediately recognized the melody.

"It's your favorite song." Elena stood up and sat the radio on the bed. She held out her hand for Steve to take.

"Dance with me." Steve's eyes slightly widened and he ran his fingers through his head.

"You know I don't know how to dance, Elle. I'd hate to step on your toes." Elena scoffed took his hands, pulling him up. She put his hands on her waist and placed her arms around his neck.

"One dance before tomorrow." Elena muttered while laying her head on top of his . Steve layed his head against her chest, hearing the soothing sound of her heart.

"I'll never smile again until I smile at you."

Elena feared for tomorrow. She hoped with all of her heart that nothing would go wrong.

"I'll never laugh again. What good would it do?"

"Why do you like this song so much? It's so sad." Elena smiled as she closed her eyes. Their bodies swayed back and forth in harmony.

"For tears would fill my eyes. My heart would realize that our romance is true."

"I dunno, " She admitted. "I just do."

"I'll never love again. I'm so in love with you."

"I kind of like your song. It grew on me for the past two years that you've made me listen to it." Steve felt her chest rumble as she chuckled.

"I'll never thrill again. To somebody new." Elena twirled Steve and he landed back on her chest.

"I didn't make you do anything. I played it and you just happened to be there every time I did." Steve playfully rolled his eyes and smiled widely.

He wished this moment could last all night.

Damn, they fall for each other hard.

"Within my heart I know I will never start to smile again."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪
.

.

.